CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

USAToday: Hands-Free SuperCruise

Bruce Nunnally

Cadillac 'Super Cruise' mode leaves hands free

I'm barreling along at about 60 miles an hour in a Cadillac SRX, and I'm Tweeting to the world while doing it — using both hands. The cruise control is set, and both of my passengers appear calm and relaxed while I do it. I'm keeping an eye on our situation, but I'm not doing any actual driving — I'm as much a passenger in this car as the guy sitting shotgun. That's because this particular Caddy is currently driving itself, automatically following the curving road in front of me and responding to changes in the speed of the car in front of me.

Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/09/08/cadillac-super-cruise/2775495/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

OK, OK, OK, So, if the guy in front of you is speeding....do you get a ticket too?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Didn't read the whole article since I will never be able to afford that technology anyway. But, you're right Goran, I forgot that the cameras can read the speed limit signs and most likely won't allow an exceedence (current technology). Either that, or the GPS unit will tell the car what the speed limit is on that stretch of road, and once again, not permit an exceedence.

Wait, maybe I don't like this idea so much after all! :glare:

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Didn't read the whole article since I will never be able to afford that technology anyway. But, you're right Goran, I forgot that the cameras can read the speed limit signs and most likely won't allow an exceedence (current technology). Either that, or the GPS unit will tell the car what the speed limit is on that stretch of road, and once again, not permit an exceedence.

Wait, maybe I don't like this idea so much after all! :glare:

If you are right about the speed limits... I don't want any part of it... :angry2:

Posted Image

Archived