CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thursday is Cadillac Chat at 8 PM Central, 9 PM Eastern, and 6 PM Pacific Time. Join us live for a

open discussion about Cadillacs.

This week's topics:

• Should Cadillac make a convertible ATS Coupe? How many would they sell?
  • The XTS VSport pricing has been set at $63K, which includes AWD. In 2013 XTS starts at $44K and runs to $64K (13 AWD Platinum)
  • XTS is 60 lb-ft of torque down from the CTS VSport -- would you program that back in?
  • Is it time for a US market Escalade Diesel? XTS Diesel? ATS Diesel to match the BMW 328D (32/45 mpg)

If you want to join in the chat live, please contact me on Google+ -- check my signature below for link.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The 2014 XTS will be offered with the twin turbo V6 @ 410 HP, and "seemingly endless torque" . This option will be available in the Luxury upgrade package as well as the Platinum package. No word on pricing but I expect $57,000 for the Lux $60+ for Plat.

Just when I thought I had my next car picked out!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Cadillac should definitely produce an ATS convertible. Sales numbers are anybody's guess.

I think Caddy should forget diesel and leave that one for the Mercedes/BMW/ Chevy Cruze group. I think Caddy has chosen its path forward on economy and that is Electric/plug in Hybrid Volt platform. Who knows, if they work hard at it, they may beat the Tesla.

Just noticed that you did mention the XTS V-Sport above. Hmmm 60 ft lbs. down from the CTS V sport...definitely would want that back. If FWD was the only option with this engine, my choice of future cars just got a whole lot easier. I HATE 4wd.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I love the tech in the AWD system Cadillac uses, and certainly 410 hp + AWD will be quicker than 304 hp + FWD. BIG comparison though is between XTS VSport and CTS VSport, with RWD + more torque...

Bruce

Jim here was the article I was thinking of -- quite far afield from my normal topic: "Lotus Twin Cam Engine Project"

Bruce

The main narrative of the article is the rescue of a unique (not replaceable) head nearly ruined by an agressive porting job. The original job obviously was based on the biggest valves and carburetor that could be had with no real thought to making the engine perform. The 45 DCOEs were clearly too large for the engine so the original tuner used a 40 mm throttle port with them so he could tell the customer that he was running 45 mm carburetors.

Painful. But, a good ending. They would have had a better engine if they had done it right the first time.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived