CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Free Sirius/XM Basketball Mar 19-24

If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.

Tell your friends & family!

SiriusXM Free Preview

March 19-24

031413_SXM_MarchMini_logo.jpg
031413_SXM_MarchMini_v5_bnr1.jpg
031413_SXM_MarchMini_v5_mnimg1.jpg
031413_SXM_MarchMini_spacer1.gif
From March 19 to 24, SiriusXM is giving inactive satellite radios FREE access to every minute of every game, plus daily analysis, interviews with coaches, and fan reactions — all uninterrupted on SiriusXM and brought to you by Dial Global. PLUS listen to great sports channels FREE.

Just turn your radio on.

031413_SXM_MarchMini_v5_bball.jpg
Go to siriusxm.com/march for the channel guide.
031413_SXM_MarchMini_v5_bnr2.jpg
Forward this Message Share on Facebook

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hey, that's great! I haven't activated my Sirius radio on the CTS-V yet.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I did a search here and the best approach to activating SiriusXM was to call repeatedly until I got an operator that would give me 90 days free trial and $77 per year "Internet Special." This is from a November 2012 post by KHE (Click Here for the post). Is there a better approach?

I'm going to get the XM radio serial number from my car and write it down so I can do this from the house. The number I have to call is (855) 711-4794. If anyone has any suggestions of another number to call, or what to say on the phone, or what the best rate is, please chime in.

Note that my CTS-V nav system needs traffic and weather information from Sirius over the XM radio. I would hope that this still will work with the $77 per year rate. They (or their computer) know I'm here because this morning the radio dropped my FM station and I was listening to basketball talk over XM.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

my XM radio lapsed when they a) didn't combine my 2 accounts and B) a credit card expired and I can't log in to fix it.

Xm emails me now and then to offer 6 months for $25

Dear Bruce,

We're excited to announce an offer for former listeners like you.

Come back to SiriusXM for less than $5* a month for 6 months. PLUS, you'll also get FREE activation—a $15 value.

It's fast and easy to get your XM radio up and running— Call 1-866-965-8896 and you'll be listening in minutes! View our full channel lineup here.

*OFFER DETAILS: Activate a prepaid semi-annual (6-month) Select subscription package, pay only $24.99 for your first 6 months, and save 71% off the standard subscription price ($4.17/mo versus $14.49/mo). Offer good on any inactive radio on your account and comes with free activation (a $15 value). Service will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call us at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel.

Bruce

Before I call XM.. I always go to my credit card website and get a ONE TIME USE card with a preset limit and have it expire 90 days later...

That way you can let them bill you on the credit card but they CAN NOT BILL YOU FULL PRICE, BY THE MONTH, when your subscription runs out... :) LOL

Posted Image

Texas Jim - that phone number is the one that comes up on my screen if I try to access an XM channel (weather, traffic) that isn't part of the free trial that Bruce announced as the first post in this Topic.

I'm wondering if I should get Sirius. All I'm really interested in is the weather and traffic, and possibly one or two of the music channels. I'm perfectly happy with my FM radio, particularly with the "HD Radio" digital data that displays when you press the Audio button. If I can get what I want at a low price, it's a go. If not, well, there are others that will have SiriusXM. I would think that the main market for premium pay radio would be people who have long commutes or work from their cars or trucks, and businesses that want good background music. I'm just a casual user who would use it on my occasional drives, just like I now use FM radio.

And keep in mind the hookup for tunes on your iphone / ipod. Some users put an ipod in the car specifically for this purpose and just play that vs radio.

I like XM and will likely resubscribe; that said, plugging in my iphone and I can hear the album I just bought is nice.

Bruce

95 bucks a year... divided by 52 weeks... is $1.83 a week....

It's worth that little bit to me, just to have it when I want it...

Of course... Your Mileage May Vary... :):)

Posted Image

Texas Jim - the phone number you give is the one that comes up on my screen if I ask for weather or traffic.

I'm having second thoughts about doing Sirius at all. I'm mainly interested in the weather and traffic for the nav system. I'm perfectly happy with my FM coverage, particularly with the digital "HD Radio" data that displays when you press the Audio button. I may or may not like the music channels but I think that they are worth a try. But I'm not willing to pay a premium price, like some people who spend a lot of time on long commutes or work from their cars or trucks all day, or commercial outfits like restaurants, businesses, or public buildings that pay for background music, which seem to me to be the main market for a premium pay radio service. But I'm open to a Sirius plan that makes sense for people like me, and I would think that there are enough of them for Sirius to have a plan for us.

I activated my OnStar earlier this evening and they told me that my nav system was out-of-date. It's updated through the USB port. They said that any GM dealer could update it. They didn't hazard a price, like it might be free, but somehow I don't think it's free. Any thoughts there are welcome.

EDIT: Pardon me for repeating part of the message. The screen winked out and I thought that I had lost it. Then, I got a long phone call..

out of date is a relative condition. It works fine, but there can be new neighborhoods that you don't have. I would ask the local dealer to change the oil and update the nav under warranty and see if they blink.

Bruce

Well, I did find the OLM and it reads 23%. I never let the ETC OLM get below 40%. I can just see the dealer response when I ask for a free update: "You can't be Sirius!"

Interestingly enough, the OnStar technical support guy said that *any* GM dealer could do the update. In my sojourn through life, I have found that it's easiest to find a good Cadillac dealer than other makes. There are three within easy driving distance of my home. And, my task for tomorrow is to look at online reviews by other V series owners of dealers that service their cars.

I find if you let them do maintenance they are keen to help with other items, but could be coincidental. I probably need to change the oil before our next road trip speaking of.

Bruce

I agree that cultivating a relationship with any establishment is likely to lead to benefits to both parties.

I broke the code. Poking aroung my.Cadillac.com, I found links to the SiriusXM sites for the USA and Canada. The USA site is SiriusXM.com, the Candian site is SiriusXM.ca, and you can get their available plans, free start-ups, etc. from there.

There are three types of radios: Sirius, XM, and SiriusXM. All current GM cars that have satellite radios have XM radios. You will need the eight-character code from your radio, or your VIN number, to buy a plan online.

The least expensive plan is $96 a year or $8 a month. It's their "A La Carte" package and it seems to have a lot in it. A very promising plan for me would be "Mostly Music" for $10 a month or $120 per year.

Weather and traffic are extra. Weather is $4 a month, weather plus traffic is $9 a month, and you can get travel data for $9 a month if you ferret out the package.

It would seem that the online people have the same web page to work with and you can do it as well as most of them can, as experiences reported here apparently indicate. My plan to to do everything online if I activate XM.

The a la carte package does not inclide the ELVIS channel....

Requires an A La Carte-capable Sirius radio - Sirius Starmate 8, Sirius Starmate 5, Sirius Stratus 6

I have the XM Select package....

$95 a year... after some negotiations.. :):)

http://www.siriusxm....ges/xm/xmselect

Posted Image

Archived