CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Parents' First Car - 1948 Plymouth convertible

Not a Cadillac but great story:

Joe and Beverly Smith were the proud owners of a 1948 Plymouth Convertible until they had to sell it when Joe was drafted to serve in the Korean War. As a 60th wedding anniversary gift, their son, Joel, found a '48 Plymouth through Craigslist fixed it up and gave it to them as a surprise. The car will now forever stay in the family and be passed down through generations. (Video by Jeffrey T. Morgan) For more visit http://www.hagerty.com

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My first car was a 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe (two-door sedan). I loved that car and I know I would have "want" pangs if I saw one. But, if I got one and it needed a motor, well, I know a 502 would fit and weigh about the same or a little less than the original engine. Probably it would start more easily, too.

I have a friend who has a 1941 Plymouth, fully restored and driveable. That car is amazing. Those Chrysler flat-head sixes were amazing pieces of engineering.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived