CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bad battery?

Car wouldn't start so I disconnected positive side on battery then when I went to re-connect I started hearing this clicking noise coming from the fuse box located next to the engine. Can't get a good connection all of a sudden. Lights are real dim and car still want start. Air bag light and low refrigerant ac compressor off light are now on. Also one time I tried to crank the car it wouldn't start and as soon as I turned the key over the trunk and gas tank door popped open. I'm really confused and need some helpful advice!

Next time disconnect the negative terminal instead. While it's off, disconnect the positive terminal and clean and inspect it. You might want to leave the battery on a slow charger overnight, or even pull it out and have it checked.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

NEVER disconnect the positive battery cable without first disconnecting the negative battery cable or you run the risk of learning about welding 101.... When reconnecting the cables, connect the positive cable first, then the negative cable.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived