CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pulling ODB codes from Dashboard Keys in 2006+ DTS

farb123

I have owned a 1992, 1996, 1998, 2003 Deville's and am looking at purchasing a 2011 DTS.

In the 1998 and 2003 cars it was possible to view and reset the ODB II codes using the dashboard buttons (normally pushing two buttons at the same time), which brought up the onboard diagnostic menus in the dashboard information center.

Does anybody know if there is a button sequence in the newer DTSs? I did a bit of googling and found the procedure I use for the 2000-2005 models, but didn't find anything for the later models.

Thanks!

I have owned a 1992, 1996, 1998, 2003 Deville's and am looking at purchasing a 2011 DTS.

In the 1998 and 2003 cars it was possible to view and reset the ODB II codes using the dashboard buttons (normally pushing two buttons at the same time), which brought up the onboard diagnostic menus in the dashboard information center.

Does anybody know if there is a button sequence in the newer DTSs? I did a bit of googling and found the procedure I use for the 2000-2005 models, but didn't find anything for the later models.

Thanks!

2005 was the last year for onboard diagnostics.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

To access anything beyond powertrain codes....you'll need a Tech 2.

Pic shows a rare 'Saturn' branded Tech 2.

post-2-0-57086300-1357841280_thumb.jpg

To access anything beyond powertrain codes....you'll need a Tech 2.

Pic shows a rare 'Saturn' branded Tech 2.

wow that is rare. Lol I still have the Tech1a unit. still works good too

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived