CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How many people have you stuffed in your car?

gygmy

I'm just chilling tonight and had a weird mind twist when I went outside to have a smoke. As I went though the garage I passed the Deville and went, "boy it is nice to have a car that carries six people in comfort." Then, probably because I had the History channel on TV in the background while I was perusing this site it occured to me, for mental yuks of course, that it would be entertaining to imagine that you could bring back from the dead people and take them on a road trip where you could have the kinds of conversations that are apt to happen on road trips. Well, since the History channel must of had some effect I immagined that we could fit Hitler, Churchill, Stalin, FDR, Mussolinni, and myself into the Caddy, I would drive because FDR was'nt in any shape to, Stalin smelled of Vodka, Hitler was a bit jittery, Churchill did'nt want to and I just wanted to make Benito sit on the middle hump. Anyway the conversations were very interesting and I look forward to more trips. Clinton and Little Great Leader Kim Sung have signed-on for the next one but I can see us having to pull over at every Hooters and miniture golf course that we pass. Back to the main thrust of this mind wreck, How many folks have you put in your Caddys' and for more laffs who, out of anybody from any time period would you take a road trip with? You can also use your own car, a car from the past or one from the future. Thanks for all the help and I hope this is is not too bizarre.

In college I had 9 or 10 friends in my 66 powder blue Caddy convertible with the top down at 1 AM in winter to make a diner run about a mile from campus. I don't think we could have made it much further is was freezing! Two people were even sitting on the floor... :D

I was thinking last night that I would love for my Dad to have been with me on my 600 mile trip to take my son back to college. He would love this car being a Cadillac nut :P

IN high school we put 15 in a 65 MUSTANG, only to be pulled over by the POLICE, THAT officer did not think people would ever stop climbing out of the car. Earned us a free ride to the pokey, where they were unable to find any law that we had broken , in 1966. Their idea of punishment is they made us all walk back to where the car was and no more than four allowed in the car at a time. I might add that we all were a might smaller back then.

well, I had six college buddies pile in my caddy once....but in this case it's not quantity, it's quality....it was 3AM and we were making a doughnut run to the nearest krispy kreme...about 50 minutes away....finals week ;) Needless to say it was still a pretty tight fit for almost an hour :lol:

P.S. It was in my previuos car, the 87 Deville.....NOT the Eldo!!! LOL

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

When I was in Junior High one of my buddies dad picked us up from band practice in a TR-6. We fit six people and instrument cases into that car. If we had a convertable Caddy we could of taken most of the band home! To be comfortable you really have to sit on the rear deck.

they were unable to find any law that we had broken

Nowadays, they'd get you on a safety bely law!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

My ex-girlfriend put three of her sorority sisters into my poor little Fiat Spider two seater (with the top down), and the four of them went off to get dinner. I came back from wherever I was to find the car resting on the ground instead of the tires... with a broken frame.

'94 Town Car...

3 in the front

5 in the rear...young lady bridesmaid #5 layed across the four army groomsmen :o

Next day..Guess who's Car was sitting on the rubber bumpers due to blown air bag in rear suspension... :(:angry:

Looked great! LOL lowrider for the wedding....

Bride Commented it road a little hard... :lol::lol:

I once sat all by myself in the back of a superstretch Lincoln Limo. On the way into NYC, on Route 3, the driver had to stop short. I had no seat belt and I went FLYING off the seat, the entire length of the limo. I rolled on the floor and came to a stop only after crashing into the driver divider.

The driver lowered his privacy glass and casually asked, "are you ok?", I said, "yeah". I decided it was safer just to crawl to the back seat and sit back down. We both started to laugh about 10 seconds after that. The driver is a good friend of mine....LOL

Back to the subject question: I once stuffed 7 people into my Chevy Celebrity. No one complained but everyone was suspiciously quiet the entire ride. After everyone got out, no one could straighten themselves upright for about a minute ....LOL the car's suspension held up well but I could tell during the ride that the brake system was having a marginal time at handling its job. The car was definately overloaded so I drove slowly and careful. Other than a lot of stiff backs and necks, everyone arrived ok.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Best for me was 7 in my 83 Z28 Camaro... I was the only sober guy at the stag. Driver (Me), Passenger (Groom), 4 in the back seat and one really plastered guy in the trunk/hatch. No-one puked... which was amazing. After I had parked infront of the groom's house I popped the hatch, the guy in the back, started to wig out screaming STOP THE CAR... STOP THE CAR... The trunk is open... I guess to him the car and everything else was spinning pretty good.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Hitler, Churchill, Stalin, FDR, Mussolinni, and myself [in] the Caddy

Thanks for sharing the "mind wreck." I've never before had the nerve to tell anyone of my stimulating trips with ol' Ben Franklin. :P

Judging by today's news reports it would seem Dan Rather travels with Ed Murrow. :lol:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

What was it that Franklin said?, "God made beer and that proves he loves us." Or something like that. It makes him a perfect choice to load into the STS for a beer run. Sam Adams would be good to take along. That weasel Benny Arnold would probably claim he left his wallet at home half way there. Patrick Henry would then get us all pulled over by flipping off a cop. Betsy Ross would insist we affix one of her new magnetic flag emblems to the car because then the cops would never pull over such patriots. Thats packing them in eh?

I recall being in boy scouts many many moons ago and there being a shortage of cars for some trip. I don't know how many of us were in there but I remember being stuffed in the rear window deck sideways.

Archived