CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Owners manuals/Keys

susandonovane

I have just aquired a 2003 STS. It did not come with an Ownners Manual or Spare Keys. I in particular would like to obtain a user manual for the Audio/Navigation System and a spare set on keys to include the Keyless Entry Key Fob. I have been quoted $75.00 & $100.00+ for these items respectively from the Main Agent.

Any ideas where I can get these items at a more resonable price?

You can get the fob and owner's manual on eBay as Texas Jim says. You can program the car for you new (and old) fob yourself; search the posts here on Caddyinfo for instructions - or they may have migrated to Caddyinfo "how-to" pages by now.

The key itself can be made from your old one at an Ace Hardware or other local outfit that duplicates car keys that have anti-theft pellets.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Ummm...big difference between a 1997 key and a 2003 key. No more pellets..maybe as far back as 1998....I also believe you will need a Tech 2 to program both the key and the fob.

Ummm...big difference between a 1997 key and a 2003 key. No more pellets..maybe as far back as 1998....I also believe you will need a Tech 2 to program both the key and the fob.

2003 may be lots different from my 2006... but there is a procedure in the 2006 owners manual for programming new keys.

It is fairly simple...

Posted Image

There is a process for programming the fob for the 1997 model year is in the 1997 FSM on page 9K-4 (section 9K is in Section 9, Accessories, and 9K is the Remote Function Actuator). Anyone with a 2003 FSM?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yes, we have the 2003 service info. The procedure(s) is too difficult to copy and paste here.

Basically two different things. The ignition key, and then the keyless remote.

There is a simple way to re-sync the 2 remotes that came with the car. But....if you are programming a new remote to the system it's a very different procedure.

As for the key. IF you have one of the original keys...it's one procedure. If you've lost all the keys to the car it's a completely different procedure.

Archived