CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello, I have a 2000 STS that I'm getting ready to sell. I had the A/C worked on the other day. The condenser and the high/low assm. was replaced and recharged. Well when I was driving it home the A/C was working great on the drivers side but on the passenger side it was HOT/HOT. No matter what I tried it still wouldn't blow any cold on that side. Even turning that side to off didn't help.

Is there an easy fix to this dilemma

Thanks, Mike, Issaquah, WA

pull the codes. it may have a malfunctioning blend door actuator for the passenger side

Welcome to caddyinfo

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If it is not an actuator position problem, it is low on refrigerant. There is probably a leak in the system.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I could be wrong but I thought low refrigerant would cause the passenger side to be cold but not the passenger side.

The evaporator it located toward the passenger side on most vehicles. and I had a 2000 Deville that had cool on the passenger side and warm on the driver side. That was low refrigerant. this is the opposite though.

Just trying to help :hatsoff:

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If it is not an actuator position problem, it is low on refrigerant. There is probably a leak in the system.

Kevin... that one is backward of what usually happens with low refrigerant...

His is HOT on the PASSENGER side and COLD on the DRIVERS side...

Posted Image

I can't recall what side gets warm and what side stays cool but one side cool and one side warm is typically a low refrigerant issue if there is not a blend door problem.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived