CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 Eldorodo wipers not parking

Hi Ya'll

Well on to another chore

, I see looking at the wiring diagram there is a park motor so it must be not getting power so off to the races. Cleared all codes

while on the fuel pump an there are no current codes set. An the rear air pump came on this weekend for the first time so hurray it was on the lbucket list because it is rusted up an never hear it activate till now.

Be Safe

Please if you start more than one topic to keep each topic seperate. I am confused. you are saying that the wipers work but do not park properly? where do they park? 180 out? thanks

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Sorry Folks

The wippers work, its when they are shut off they will not park down on the stop blocks. Go down to within 3 in and stop. on Deville they stop same then drop onto the blocks.

Thanks

Sorry Folks

The wippers work, its when they are shut off they will not park down on the stop blocks. Go down to within 3 in and stop. on Deville they stop same then drop onto the blocks.

Thanks

How long have they been doin that?

Did it start doing it all of a sudden or did it SOMETIMES do it and SOMETIMES work OK?

Posted Image

TJ do not know I just bought car before surgery....5 weeks ago. Did not get to it today.

Be Safe

I wonder if the timing is just off. If they consistently always stop in the same place you could always loosen the arms and set them correctly and try that. BUt it almost sounds like a motor problem with the park position being faulty

GM FAN FOREVER

Ok had time to check wiring and the power wire for the park motor is hot and grds are good. SO anybody been into the wiper motor ???

Be Safe

Do the wipers sweep the windshield in the proper pattern and just park in a different location or are the wipers wiping "off the windshield? If they wipe in the proper pattern and park in the incorrect position, the issue may be the wiper motor cover. The cover has the park circuitry built in and it sometimes goes bad.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Do the wipers sweep the windshield in the proper pattern and just park in a different location or are the wipers wiping "off the windshield? If they wipe in the proper pattern and park in the incorrect position, the issue may be the wiper motor cover.

The cover has the park circuitry built in and it sometimes goes bad.

I did not know that...

Thanks, I learned something today... :)

Posted Image

Me too TJ !!!! The wipers are sweeping ok just not parking in the correct position. Do I just buy a cover ??

Thanks

There's a specific troubleshooting procedure in the shop manual. Do you have a shop manual? I wouldn't just replace the cover as it is fairly expensive.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

OK ya'll DONE with that, removed cover cleaned contacts an groung plate, wipers move faster and tried to park so adjusted arms a fraction an walllli. Thanks for alll the help. Oldtmer glad you are around!!!

Be Safe

excellent. It is extremely common among lots of GM vehicles. the plastic cover has contacts that work with the circuitry in the motor housing and the dielectric breaks down over time and the contacts lose connection. Also solder joints can get corroded and lose connection.

GM FAN FOREVER

Glad you got it fixed.

Hopefully you used silicone sealer to seal the cover to the wiper motor. If not, it would be a good idea to take the cover off, clean the old sealer from the groove, apply a bead of silicone, and re-assemble.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Hay, I used dialetic grease to seal er up on edges !!!!! Thanks

Dielectric grease will not seal it up. That is for use on contacts and heat sinks. You need to use silicone sealer - You'll need to remove the cover and clean the dielectric grease from the cover groove and the interface area with some brake cleaner and apply a bead of silicone to the cover.

If you don't seal it, you run the risk of contaminates getting into the housing causing problems down th eroad.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Dielectric will work for a little while but a true solid seal is what is really sufficient

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived