CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service vehicle soon Shows up when I started the car

jay1985

Hi I have a 1994 Cadillac Deville and when I crank up the car yesterday this massage showed up Service vehicle soon. What could this mean and also when I try and unlock the doors with the switch on the door it won't unlock the doors. Whats wrong and what can I do? Also I still haven't fixed the trunk I bout the part but couldn't find where it until I had returned it.The part number is SW2890 and found that at auto zone and it is called a trunk ajar

Thanks in advance

The first thing you need to do is to run the OBD codes and find out what caused the MIL to come on. See the link link my signature block for instructions. Write the codes down and post them here. This may tell us something about the master unlock switch too.

I found your switch - trunk ajar on the Autozone web site and they say it fits your car. I don't know what the problem was with your trunk lid so I don't know whether this part will fix it or not.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

are you saying service engine soon or service vehicle soon?

Go to each door and try each power lock switch. if one doesnt work it is probably the plug is corroded or the switch itself. if none of them work then you should have a code to explain more. The power lock switches tend to corrode, probably due to water intrusion.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived