CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

very confused

Okay my 1994 STS has a message coming up saying traction disabled and my ABS light is always on so I desided to see if any codes were showing. Sure enough I got a T037 code which when I looked it up it means left rear wheel speed sensor continuity fault now does any one know what the h*** that means. Cause I have now clue and I would like that anoying message to stop coming up and ABS brakes would be nice.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Get under the car where you can see the wiring to the speed sensor.

. Look for damage to the wiring.

. Is the connection unplugged?

. Disconnect the plug and clean the contacts with electrical cleaner.

. Possible some debris flew up and damaged the wires.

.Maybe the wires or connector were damaged when brakes were being serviced.

As a last resort replace the sensor.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Access the fuse box in the trunk (left side) and pull and check the ABS fuse. If that fuse is blown or pulled it'll disable both your ABS brakes and Traction Control. Both warnings will show on the DIC as well.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

It sounds as though it has failed and you need to change the hub and bearing assembly.

How much does that cost me?

user posted image

Get under the car where you can see the wiring to the speed sensor.

. Look for damage to the wiring.

. Is the connection unplugged?

. Disconnect the plug and clean the contacts with electrical cleaner.

. Possible some debris flew up and damaged the wires.

.Maybe the wires or connector were damaged when brakes were being serviced.

As a last resort replace the sensor.

-George

Where is the speed sensor located at? How do I get at it?

Thanks

user posted image

Is there any way to do it without taking the wheel off the car or even just a way to get rid of those stupid messages would do fine. I don't think it's any thing I need is it? I've been driving like that for a few months now so can I access it without taking the wheel off or does any one know how to stop the messages from coming up?

user posted image

There is not an easy way just to turn off the messages.....other than to put some electrical tape over the DIC and the ABS light.

Just take off the tire and check things out as described in bbobynski's post. The worst case would be that you need to replace the bearing assembly which is not a difficult job.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Well it is a difficult job i can't just take off the wheel I'd need to take it to a mechanic which I guess I'll look into doing so i just thought maybe there was a code or something these cars are so confusing I can't fix anything myself. Thanks for the help and any other advice on this topic would be appriciated.

user posted image

Is there any way to do it without taking the wheel off the car or even just a way to get rid of those stupid messages would do fine. I don't think it's any thing I need is it? I've been driving like that for a few months now so can I access it without taking the wheel off or does any one know how to stop the messages from coming up?

Because you didn't hit a brakes in emergency doesn't actually mean you don't need an ABS. And I hope it's not gonna happened.

Try to do at least something. Taking off the tire is not really hard, you can ask friend for help.

Maybe I'll try to but I don't think I should be I have no clue what I'm doing you can't tell me thats the only way to do it. There must be some way to fix it without takin the tire off im very stubburn when it comes to problems like this one

user posted image

It sounds as though it has failed and you need to change the hub and bearing assembly.

How much does that cost me?

When I did the front on my '92 several years ago the part cost me $210 at Napa. In my case I had the same problem you do and ignored it for about 6 months....... til the bearing started to growl. I think what you are seeing is an early indication of a bearing failure.

Maybe I'll try to but I don't think I should be I have no clue what I'm doing you can't tell me thats the only way to do it. There must be some way to fix it without takin the tire off im very stubburn when it comes to problems like this one

You've never changed a tire??? Maybe it's time you learned how to change a tire so you will be prepared in the event you have a flat.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

lol man that lucas stuff works.. One of my pan bolts is stripped on my minivan and it always leaked a little in that area.. i put in a bottle of the lucas trans fix stuff an poof no more leak there.. it must do SOMETHING :) I'm too lazy to re tap the bolt hole for a few drops of fluid every day

I have a 97 SLS, and my ABS light came on and all I did was add some brake fluid and it went off- I don't know if that is how it is supposed to work but that's what happened.

Archived