CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tires

hanler

I need to buy new tires for my car. Have not been very happy with the tires I have had the 235/60/16. I want a tire with maximum comfort. Which runs quietly and smoothly over bumps on the road.

Hansa

The STS has tires and suspension tuned for handling, with some compromise with ride. If you do put softer tires with less aggressive tread and rubber compound you will get a smoother, quieter ride, but less steering responsiveness and longer emergency braking distances and less handling capability in an emergency - and more tire slip on hard takeoff.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I used cooper's on my STS. There was a cheap brand on the car when I bought it and there were humps in the tire causing it to shake while driving. Probably was driven too fast or inflated too high. I believe I had the same coopers on my DTS of a different size. No problems with them.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I just ordered the Continental tires I linked to above. Total cost about $700 with shipping. By the way, anyone interested in ordering from tirerack.com can get a definite time tires will be delivered, which is a big help when you want to be there when they arrive.

I just ordered the Continental tires I linked to above. Total cost about $700 with shipping. By the way, anyone interested in ordering from tirerack.com can get a definite time tires will be delivered, which is a big help when you want to be there when they arrive.

[/quoteuy

Ok I shall look for those tires and see if I can by them in Sweden. I think shipping to Sweden will bee too expensive.

wifes camry has bridgestone turanza el400. probably the worse tires ever made. camry website says they are super noisy, horrible winter traction and wear out superfast. at 10k miles they were rumbling. had not ridden in car for several months till today. rumble is awful now. wife has no clue. i think she would drive car with 3 tires and just turn up radio. anything would be an improvement.

wifes camry has bridgestone turanza el400. probably the worse tires ever made. camry website says they are super noisy, horrible winter traction and wear out superfast. at 10k miles they were rumbling. had not ridden in car for several months till today. rumble is awful now. wife has no clue. i think she would drive car with 3 tires and just turn up radio. anything would be an improvement.

My Cadillac came from the factory with Bridgestones....

They were probably the noisiest tires I have ever had on a car.

They wore OK... not real fast... but, MAN... did they ever have a lot of road noise.

I hated them.

Finally replaced them with a set of Yokahana Advan S4.

FINALLY... I have a nice "QUIET" Cadillac. :)

Posted Image

The Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires arrived today. Two in the early afternoon and two at about 4:30. I tried to find someone willing to mount them but it's too late in the afternoon. So I have 4 tires in my living room, which make it smell like PepBoys. I'm looking forward to getting them mounted and balanced. Btw, I tried to buy these tires at Walmart and Sears, but the 235/50/17 are on backorder, so I decided to buy them from TireRack. It looks like TireRack has a source the others don't have. I was told the 235/50/17 basically can't be made fast enough.

NTB usually can get you tires like that, and they do good jobs of mounting and balancing, and they support their tires and their work. Also, The Tire Rack has a list of local people to mount and balance your tires; I would call them and get someone that they know will do a good job.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The only Continental Extreme Contact that they have in my size are the sport models.

$1,200 bucks a set...

That's a lot of money. The closest to the size you need is 245/45/18 for $756. I think that translates to 245mm * 45% = 110.25mm (or 4.34 inches) sidewall height as opposed to your OEM tires being 245mm * 50% = 122.5mm (or 4.82 inches), which is .48 (or about 1/2 inch). So the 245/45/18 would be about 1/2-inch lower to the ground.

The only Continental Extreme Contact that they have in my size are the sport models.

$1,200 bucks a set...

That's a lot of money. The closest to the size you need is 245/45/18 for $756. I think that translates to 245mm * 45% = 110.25mm (or 4.34 inches) sidewall height as opposed to your OEM tires being 245mm * 50% = 122.5mm (or 4.82 inches), which is .48 (or about 1/2 inch). So the 245/45/18 would be about 1/2-inch lower to the ground.

The 245X50X18 is the absolute lowest profile I would even consider.

Anything with a smaller sidewall would too rough riding to suit me. :) :)

Posted Image

Archived