CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2011 SRX problem....help!

I have a new 2011 SRX, luxury package with navi, 3 weeks old, 700 miles.

I had a sudden problem today and was wondering if anyone else had it.

I remote opened the hatch. When I pressed the button to close, it wouldn't. Several pushes, no luck. I hand closed it.

When I started the car, the display did not light up for 30 seconds. When it did, it had several warning lights active: parking brake, engine...pretty much all of them. THe car drove, but the transmission indicator did not indicate D (or anything else.) The parking brake would not work nor would the rear view camera. The air conditioning also did not work.

I drove straight to the dealer who was very close. He started it once, same problem. Filled out the paper work, then (of course) everything was fine.

Its at the dealership now but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks!

Glad to hear your Dealer was close by, and hopefully they can diagnose.

I had seen minor issues with the DIC on the CTS with similar effect -- I equate it to 'needing a fresh reboot' if it were a computer. Actually our vehicles have a lot of computers in them, so still an apropos analogy.

Please let us know what they find. I was very impressed with the SRX when I tested one.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Glad to hear your Dealer was close by, and hopefully they can diagnose.

I had seen minor issues with the DIC on the CTS with similar effect -- I equate it to 'needing a fresh reboot' if it were a computer. Actually our vehicles have a lot of computers in them, so still an apropos analogy.

Please let us know what they find. I was very impressed with the SRX when I tested one.

I think the reboot analogy is probably the correct one. The DIC worked fine. It seemed like some parts of the car did not know the car was running. A/C didn't work. Rear hatch switches wouldn't work, either the interior switch or the key fob. Display only came on after about 30 seconds of running. Drive gear indicator never would indicate the gear (P,R,D). Parking sensors didn't work.

The only thing that worries me is the dealership indicated there was another that had been brought in, and was in the service bays, with the exact same problem. I'd bet they call GM in the morning and they have the cars for a few days.

bluesteel310,

Glad the dealership is close to where you are! Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership and when the issue has been resolved. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,

Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

I remote opened the hatch. When I pressed the button to close, it wouldn't. Several pushes, no luck. I hand closed it.

When I started the car, the display did not light up for 30 seconds. When it did, it had several warning lights active: parking brake, engine...pretty much all of them. THe car drove, but the transmission indicator did not indicate D (or anything else.) The parking brake would not work nor would the rear view camera. The air conditioning also did not work.

I drove straight to the dealer who was very close. He started it once, same problem. Filled out the paper work, then (of course) everything was fine.

Its at the dealership now but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

bluesteel310,

Glad the dealership is close to where you are! Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership and when the issue has been resolved. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,

Thanks!

bluesteel310,

Thank you,

Thanks!

Well the dealership fixed the problem. I'm not certain exactly what was wrong but they replaced the EPB (electric park brake) module and reset. That cleared all the error codes and the problems went away.

However, now some of the the power seat memory features aren't working properly. It doesn't adjust for different keys and the "easy exit" feature no longer works. So I'm taking it back in later this week.

I am perplexed. On one hand, I positively love this car. I love the design of it and love the features, far more than my previous BMW and Acuras.

On the other hand, I never once had to take those to the dealer to have things fixed.

The dealer is convenient to my work and they're very very good about dealing with problems and me. I'm very happy with how I've been treated.

On the other hand, this is a $40,000+ vehicle. It shouldn't have this many problems, period.

Sorry the seat memory features are misbehaving. I am not clear how that can be related to any of the story so far, although I am also not sure where the remote receivers are on the SRX or if after the dealer did their repair the remotes need to be reprogrammed / resynced. I appreciate your frustration but hopefully it is something really simple that just should have been picked up as part of the previous repair.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

bluesteel310,

I apologize and understand your frustrations. I am sorry to hear you are now experiencing problems with the power seating. Thank you for the update and please let me know when you are able to get the power seating issue fixed.

Thank you,

bluesteel310,

Thank you,

Thanks!

Well the dealership fixed the problem. I'm not certain exactly what was wrong but they replaced the EPB (electric park brake) module and reset. That cleared all the error codes and the problems went away.

However, now some of the the power seat memory features aren't working properly. It doesn't adjust for different keys and the "easy exit" feature no longer works. So I'm taking it back in later this week.

I am perplexed. On one hand, I positively love this car. I love the design of it and love the features, far more than my previous BMW and Acuras.The dealer is convenient to my work and they're very very good about dealing with problems and me. I'm very happy with how I've been treated.

On the other hand, this is a $40,000+ vehicle. It shouldn't have this many problems, period.

On the other hand, I never once had to take those to the dealer to have things fixed.

• 2 years later...

All the problems (Fortunately) with our 2012 SRX Premium AWD have been computer updates. The memory seats now the Average fuel economy reset not going back to zero. Perhaps this stuff is to high tech? Now another trip back to the dealer. So they give us a car and charge GM for about 1 hour labor. This is getting to be a pain! No more updates I hope!

It sounds like the memory on the seat/mirror/steering wheel was cleared or modified during service. Have you tried setting things up and storing the seat/mirror/steering wheel positions again?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived