CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS Coupe

Dasher

OK, Guys, my lease was up on my 2008 CTS Sedan and I had to buy something. There is virtually no change at

all in the Sedans since 2008 so I traded my Crystal Red Sedan for a Black on Black Coupe! Everybody warned me against it because I'm 83 and the folks I would want to put in the back seat will likely be of similar age. I

just said, "Then we'll take their car and think of the gasoline I'll save." Like the Sedan it is loaded with

everything including GPS. The rear view camera is worth it's weight in gold. My Sedan really needed one. I

won't get it until Friday; but I drove one much like it for a couple of hours today and I really liked it, though I have to say it's not that much different to drive than the Sedan. I feel really fortunate to be able

to buy this car on a "fixed income" that gets more challenges every day. When I retired at 53, I established a

"New Car, New Horse Fund." Fortunately, I haven't bought any horses lately; but the fund is under stress

just from the cars. I kind of miss posting on the board; but I haven't had any of those Northstar problems

we like to talk about and I feel kind of out of it; but I do check in and read your posts from time to time.

I'll let you know what I think of the Coupe after I have it awhile. Funny thing, when I went to the dealership earlier this week I was going to buy a Chevy Cruze for the mileage. I could have enjoyed driving the Cruze; but I just couldn't give up all my automatic goodies. They're spoilers as you know.

Many happy miles in your coupe!! Check in from time to time and share your experiences, impressions and thoughts.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Good for you! That is one beautiful car, post some photos when you get a chance! Something tells me your passenger seat will be in demand!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

did you buy it or get another lease? sometimes car manufacturers offer nice lease deals. we are on our 2nd lease now. wife really likes having new car for a change.

My brother has been in the car business for years and insists that leasing is the only way to go. My last

car was my first lease and it was all right except I was not really ready to buy a car until a new version of the CTS comes out or ATS or whatever is coming down the road. If I had bought the car I would have simply

driven it until that time came. (I drove my 93 STS 193K miles). I finally decided to lease the Coupe for

two years and we'll see what comes along then. At 83 I don't even buy green bananas.

Many happy miles! :yupi3ti:

I hope you'll stop back in a while and let us know your impressions.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

You have made an excellent selection! You will have the most stylish new automobile available! Best wishes for many miles of safe and reliable motoring filled with smiles! (Please post a few pictures!)

First Impression: I always name my cars and this one will have to be "Wretched Excess". Nobody NEEDS

this much car; but it's fun. I really felt the need of a rear view camera in my 2008 CTS and was

anxious to see the camera work in the coupe. I was watching the rear-view mirror expecting to see

the camera working there when I shifted into reverse and nothing happened. Then I looked down and

found the GPS screen had popped up and the camera image covered the whole thing. It looked like a

picture window! Other goodies I didn't have on the Sedan - a heated steering wheel and an electronic

parking brake - just a little button just behind the gear shift turns the brake on and off. I had

a friend who patented a heated steering wheel in the late 40's. He shopped it to the big 3 and they

all said, "Who would pay for that". Sorry that he's gone now. He could at least feel vindicated.

Another surprise, when you open the doors, the window electronically drops down about a half inch

to allow clearance and then pops back up when you close it. Also, there is no door handle, just a

button so the door opens electronically. On both the driver and passenger sides there is a lever

on the floorboard which can be pulled to open the doors manually in case of no power.

I know my leather and I think the "hide" (as Bentley calls it) is

plumper and better than the leather in the 2008. More later when something else "pops up".

. . . when you open the doors, the window electronically drops down about a half inch

to allow clearance and then pops back up when you close it.

I remember the Lincoln 4 (suicide) door convertibles had that back in the early 60's. What goes around comes around, I guess. :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

so the upper door glass has no metal frame? seen so many cars with floppy window glass. hope it does not start to leak/whistle in awhile. but than GM has that all refined now. no more wind whistle. think mercedes has power latching doors on some models. dual pane window glass too.

O.K. Guys here are some pictures of "Grace". Yes, that's her name; you know, as in "Coupe de Grace" - Ha!

It's hard to beat GM's pics; but you have to admit I have a nice background! There are 5 pics. I hope

they attached all right.

post-69-130530324544_thumb.jpg

Well, I obviously did something wrong. I posted 5 pics and only got one. I'll try again.

post-69-130530369787_thumb.jpg

post-69-1305303699_thumb.jpg

Archived