CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 deville not getting any fuel pressure

I thought the same i looked on rock auto but couldnt find it, Its a large relay not the mideim metal relay , im happy that it didnt cost any more then it did them dealer visits can get pricey . I didnt want to start replaceing parts and just hope it would be fixed working on these cadillacs with all the wireing and fuses is all new to me but now i know what to look for if it ever happens again. Im glad i didnt have to drop the gas tank!

I looked again and the Ignition 1 Relay isn't listed specifically. There are two "general purpose" relays listed but I would want the part number off the old one to cross over, or a GM parts book. I didn't look farther for the right relay part number. Unfortunately, the FSM does not have part numbers. I suspect that your relay isn't the inexpensive type, and perhaps $50 isn't that unreasonable after all.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

To day buttoned up all the little stuff and the motor runs GREAT! its nice knowing my motor will last a long time with the northstar performance stud kit installed in it. Today my traction lock light and abs light came on and i have a code tcs c 1243 bpmv pump motor stalled what does this mean?

To day buttoned up all the little stuff and the motor runs GREAT! its nice knowing my motor will last a long time with the northstar performance stud kit installed in it. Today my traction lock light and abs light came on and i have a code tcs c 1243 bpmv pump motor stalled what does this mean?

I believe there is a ground wire on the abs motor, do you recall reconnecting it? I would also clean with electrical contact cleaner reset the abs plug, its a tricky plug to reconnect.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 2 years later...

I've been having intermittent loss of fuel pressure. PO231 code

51psi but will lose fuel pressure usually at a low RPM

Will start back up after a minute or two when the "Service Fuel System" message goes away.

Where is this Ignition 1 relay? Behind the rear seat?

Archived