CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Drivers side mirror and housing

Someone side swiped my parked caddy and destroyed the drivers side mirror and entire mirror housing. Any tips on where to order a new mirror and housing or on how to remove the housing in general? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to order the new housing with the right color?

Mirror housings come either bare or primer prepped, but not painted except just possibly in a couple of standard colors like black or white. It's a bit big for those little bottles of touch-up paint. If your car is a popular color, the dealer or a good auto body shop may have pints or half-pints that you can use.

The power mirrors used on Cadillacs are not cheap. If you have the memory mirrors that go back to the setting for Driver 1 or Driver 2 when you unlock the car with Fob 1 or Fob 2, that is part of the mirror assembly. If you have electrochromic mirrors (the inside and driver's side mirrors darken when necessary), the electrochromic mirror surface is part of the driver's side mirror.

This is probably best taken care of by an insurance claim. I would guess that this is a $500 job. If some parts can be re-used, for example if the housing is distorted but not torn and most of the paint is usable, or if the glass or part of the internal assembly can be used, that will reduce the cost quite a bit.

Another way is to get a complete assembly from a recycling yard. If your car is not a rare color, you might even be able to match the color.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Another way is to get a complete assembly from a recycling yard. If your car is not a rare color, you might even be able to match the color.

I was going to say to check on eBay for a housing. Usually the have the housing and all the guts too. Some aren't that bad for price. From your picture, I can't tell if it is white or white diamond, but both of those are pretty popular so you shouldn't have a problem finding one.

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

+1 to what Jim said; check with your local salvage yard (if you have one nearby). Here's an online link that might also be helpful (if you do your own work): http://www.partshotlines.com/

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

its kind of hard to find but its under parts in the ebay section they have salvage cars you can buy parts off of also.

A cheap way to paint it is go to your parts store if they have your color in those small spray bottles you can paint and put some clear on, then wetsand and buff and it will look just like professional. Or your auto body supply store can put paint in a aerosol for about $5 a can (you buy the paint) and go that route.

But there should be PLENTY of those cars in junk yards I would think.

car-part.com

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived