CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

100000+ Northstar miles

Jan Olsson

I now have 122,500 + miles on my 1997 Eldorado (Z-Rated ETC). My wife's 2006 STS AWD N* has 47,000 + miles on it most put on by her as it's her daily driver. But I'm sure I must have clocked 5,000 or so miles on that car personally. We also had a 2004 SRX AWD N* prior to the STS that we put about 35,000 miles on. Before I bought by 97 Eldorado in December of 1996, I had a 1995 Eldorado ETC that we put around 37,000 on. So that makes 241,500 N* miles for us, nearly a quarter million N* miles in total. Plus, my father had four N* Cadillacs (DeVilles and DTS) over the years that I had driven from time to time. I must say, these are some of the best over the road cars ever built. These Cadillacs were designed to cover long distances at high speeds in great comfort. This is what a luxury car is designed to do and Cadillacs accomplish this in an exemplary fashion.

I couldn't agree more to your last paragraph

Big part of the reason I drive one. :)

Amen! Gearing up for another semester of school which will include *only* 2 days a week of 100 mile round trips (as opposed to last semester's 4 days a week), and glad to be making the drive in a Caddy.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I am leaving on a ten day "DRIVING" vacation, starting next Saturday the 28th.

I am really glad I have a nice Cadillac automobile to do it in...instead of some lesser car... :yupi3ti:

If I had to drive some little cracker box of a car... I might just stay home.. :)

Posted Image

I rented a Corolla a couple weeks ago to drive to Galveston because my car needed tires. Now there is something to be said for 37 mpg and making the 300 mile trip on 10 gallons of gas, but man was I sore after that drive!

No matter where you go, there you are.

I rented a Corolla a couple weeks ago to drive to Galveston because my car needed tires. Now there is something to be said for 37 mpg and making the 300 mile trip on 10 gallons of gas, but man was I sore after that drive!

Exactly... I ain't gonna do it...period...end of story.. :) :)

My trips are usually 3000 to 5000 miles... :)

My DTS will get 23 to 24MPG...if I keep it below 90.

I am older than most of the people on this forum, and I am starting to get a little stiff with old age.

I have got to where I really like my comfort and not being beat up when driving on a long trip...:)

Posted Image

One of the reasons that I bought the Cadillac instead of the Corvette or another car in 1997 was that this was going to be my daily driver, and I had a 45 minute commute, each way, on the L.A. freeways. Note my Caddyinfo avatar tag: Touring is its Middle Name.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived