CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just installed Dynomax system!

ero1220

All summer I have been reviewing different exhaust options for my STS. I decided to go with Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers and upgraded the Y-piping to 2.5" to handle everything... you should HEAR this thing. It feels like a brand new car and the rumble is great. I'm really satisfied with this mod. At idle it purrs like a kitten and it roars on throttle. Combine this with the K&N drop-in and the car really digs in on WOT... it's great, I love it. My only gripe is that the quad tips stick out a bit (~3 in.) but it's just something I have to get used to.

I have a few pics here along with some pics of my old STS.

My only gripe is that the quad tips stick out a bit (~3 in.) but it's just something I have to get used to.

3''... yeah, sounds a little bit short, but hey, as you wisely noticed it's just something you have to get used to :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Very sharp indeed. I would like to add an E&G grill also, but was having a tough time deciding between the silver and gold colors. After seeing yours, silver is the best look with the white diamond. BTW aren't you worried about where the emblem on your steering wheel will end up if the air bag deploys? Maybe that thought already occured to you and you have it super glued on.

My only gripe is that the quad tips stick out a bit (~3 in.) but it's just something I have to get used to.

Nice car, and I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the sweet sound of Dynomax trumpets as well! :P

Yes, be careful with those pipes sticking out beyond the rear like that. My son branded his leg on mine a while back while reaching inside the truck to grab his golf clubs! :o Ouch, that smarts! I felt very bad for him... :(

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I have done the same with my STS, including the pipes sticking out. However My daughter has been branded in the leg, but subsequently likes it because it looks like the nike shoosh logo.

Eheh yea exhaust sure does get hot even at the back of the car. It's amazing how hot it stays. Without a catalytic converter however it's a lot less hot :) But we can't do that now can we :>

Well done! My only suggestion would be to make the Cadillac insignia on the dash about half the size. Not that I could tell you where to get something like that. I'm thinking interior parts from about 1965 to 1975, possibly from the steering wheel center. Remember the two thirds rule. Otherwise, better than factory.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I have branded myself already on my right hand... not too intelligent. Anyway since then I have had the tips cut off and rewelded. They stick out less than two inches now and look a lot better.

The track times are all estimates based on a little subtraction off of the stock STS times. I really could not be for sure.

As far as the steering wheel is concerned, I almost didn't place the emblems on there for that very reason. I machined out the backs of them so they had a hollow space for the existing rubber emblem, so they could sort of fit over them (removes the bulk of their weight too). I used some very strong adhesives and I hope the airbag doesn't deploy anyway!

Archived