CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC Problems Please help

ramses

Hello group,

I have a 2000 Cadillac ETC with 93k. It drives perfect still however this past Monday as I was driving back home from work I had the AC blowing cold air, it was set to auto, and about 65 Degrees, but about 10 minutes later the driver side AC vents stopped blowing cold air and hot air was coming out of them, as for the passenger AC vents cold air kept on coming out of them. I checked the A134 pressure, the AC compressor and everything seems to be just fine. I am wondering if the dual AC sensor stop working but I don’t know where it is. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this problem? Any help will be much appreciate.

This can be one early symptom of low refrigerant. It also can be a problem with the mixer door actuation, either a mechanical problem or in vacuum actuated doors a simple loss of vacuum connection.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The driver's side uses the main cabin temperature sensor, plus the sun sensor on the dashboard. On my 1997, without checking the FSM, I believe that the passenger side temperature adjustment simply moves the mixer door a little differently and doesn't involve a separate sensor.

If you lost vacuum to the temperature control door, you probably lost vacuum to the emergency brake release since it gets its vacuum through the A/C temperature control door. You can check that by putting on the emergency brake in Park, then shifting to Reverse or Drive; the emerency brake should come off by itself in less than five seconds. If it doesn't, take it off manually and look for vacuum line problems under the dash.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The driver's side uses the main cabin temperature sensor, plus the sun sensor on the dashboard. On my 1997, without checking the FSM, I believe that the passenger side temperature adjustment simply moves the mixer door a little differently and doesn't involve a separate sensor.

If you lost vacuum to the temperature control door, you probably lost vacuum to the emergency brake release since it gets its vacuum through the A/C temperature control door. You can check that by putting on the emergency brake in Park, then shifting to Reverse or Drive; the emerency brake should come off by itself in less than five seconds. If it doesn't, take it off manually and look for vacuum line problems under the dash.

Wow Thank you, I always wanted to know how the brake released.

END HIJACK

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived