CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Flowmaster 80 series!

AaronM

Hi,

Just got back from Meineke. I got my muffler installed for $50.00. I love that sound! I started it up and I got a big grin on my face :D. <--Like that. I love it. It is a tad louder inside but it's not bad at all. It nice and throaty. At about 2100 RPM it gets a little loud inside, but it is not any louder than hearing your horn honk from the inside of you car. I love it. I got home and put it in park and reved her up :rolleyes:. It was awesome! It sounded like a hot rod. I am in love with it! My neighbor who collects classic Corvettes came over and said he loved it. I will have to check and see if I get better gas mileage. I am really happy with this product. BTW, I have a 4.9L engine.

Thanks!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I am in love with it!

Great! Unfortunately, with age (I am in late ninetees) we lose the ability to fall in love with a muffler so easyly! :rolleyes:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

HAHA!!!! I want to post a sound clip, but I don't have anywhere to host it :( .

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

While we are on the topic of interior muffler noise. I have a stock system and I feel that at highway speeds it is quite loud inside. I was on a long trip and it seemed that everyone commented at one time or an other that they couldn't hear due to the noise. I don't feel that the car should be that loud inside. Hopefully the noise that I was hearing was not muffler related but was related to my AC hub bearing getting ready to go. Anyone experience loud interiors at highway speeds? Mike

Anyone experience loud interiors at highway speeds? Mike

I haven't been on the highway yet, but I am sure I will!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Here is a picture it intalled if anyone is interested.

muffler.jpg

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I will host anyone's sound files or picture files or whatever they want just e-mail them to me at bigfoo@earthlink.net. Also, the 4.9 sounds a lot different than the northstar. My northstar sounds exactly like a a v8 boat engine at full throttle hehe.. (this is with corsa exhaust)

Did the muffler bolt up to your existing pipe that was there before or did they have to make a new pipe up at the inlet. Do you still have your Catylitic Converter on there too?

I've been wanting to put a Series 50 Delta-Flow for forever on my 91 Fleetwood. Glad to hear you like yours!

Spence

The inlet was the correct size (2.5"). In the picture, it looks like they added in pipe to the inlet to center the muffle under the car. They did however, have to put adapters on the outlets to get them to douwnsize the pipe size. I am not sure if that answers your question or not.

Thanks!

-Aaron :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I am in love with it!

Great! Unfortunately, with age (I am in late ninetees) we lose the ability to fall in love with a muffler so easyly! :rolleyes:

Roger that. While I no longer "fall in love" with a muffler I can still appreciate a good throaty sounds as opposed to those silly pimpy sounding fart cans.

Adallak, 90's and still bleeding brakes :oYour my idol!

[ Adallak, 90's and still bleeding brakes :oYour my idol!

I dunno Larry, I smell something funny. Like an old sock perhaps. Maybe he's in his late nineteens, born in the nineties, or born in the late nineteen hundreds even but if he is in his 90s then we owe it to the automotive world to get him on David Letterman or at least on the Tonight Show. I'd tune in that's for sure.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Adallak, 90's and still bleeding brakes Your my idol!

Yep, and not just bleeding but bleeding by means of the driver seat! It makes the difference! :lol:

Hey, Adallak .... according to your personal info, uhhhh, you ain't gonna be in the nineties much longer.... wow. Is that correct, that as of 1/1/2005 we will have a centenarian on this board?

Is it really 1/1? Really 1905??

If so, caddyinfo needs to throw a big party, and I will expect one also ... uhhh ... in 50 years (mark your calendars, its june 26!)

Also, could you teach my father to use a computer and have such a good sense of humor, also? He and my mother are not far from you. Of course, pennstate could mean a lot of places, you are a cadgy one. They are in Huntingdon, county.

So what brand muffler sounds like a "silly pimpy sounding fart cans"? :lol: I still have the stock exhaust that's getting a little loud and was considering something with a little throat...not too much though. B)

I guess to each his own, but I always thought that Cadillacs should be quiet cars. Seems like the designers go to some pretty great lengths to keep them quiet. Almost seems to be a shame to spoil that with a loud muffler. Just my opinion.

I hear the Harley guys go past my office every day with baffles pulled out of their mufflers. I always figured they were just attention-starved.

On the other side of the spectrum... I was standing on the corner yesterday when a Toyota Prius Hybrid pulled out. It was absolutely silent. I thought it was cool.

I always thought that Cadillacs should be quiet cars

GregP, do not expect Cadillacs to be quite when young farts get behind the wheel!

Kids always make noise, you know :D

I hear the Harley guys go past my office every day with baffles pulled out of their mufflers. I always figured they were just attention-starved.

Correct, they are doctor-attention-starved :lol:

lol.. I have the CORSA exhaust and high flow cat and it's pretty darn loud. It's very reasonable at highway speed though and driving slow but if you step on it in the least it lets out a roar that can be heard for quite a distance, similar in loudness to a camaro or mustang with flowmasters but a totally different sound.

Also, could you teach my father to use a computer and have such a good sense of humor, also? He and my mother are not far from you. Of course, pennstate could mean a lot of places, you are a cadgy one. They are in Huntingdon, county.

rmac, they are probably too young, I learned computer in my early 90-s

good sense of humor.... hmmmm some people do not like my jocks, they even think something wrong with my head gasket or something :lol:

There is a video clip in the works. I found someone to host it.

-Aaron

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

So what brand muffler sounds like a "silly pimpy sounding fart cans"? :lol:

The mufflers that have a 1-1/2" inlet and a 4" outlet that high school kids put on their Japanese-grinders. They sound like a leaf blower or a vacuum cleaner... :lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived