CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A Little Trivia, anyone?

Two men in conversation.

One says "I feel we have blood on our hands".

Second one responds "Never mind. It'll all come out in the wash".

Who are they? Where are they? What is the year?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Very good.

The year was 1945 (October) a few months after the Enola *smurf*'s envelope-stretching mission over Hiroshima, Japan.

Location was The White House (of course).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Good grief. Censorship is among us. Maybe if I use Enola-*smurf*, the political correctness factor will be satisfied.

*smurf* is proper noun.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The sad part is that the target of the inclusion of the filter for that word is because of the massive misuse of the term. I think if you make it all one word it works? EnolaGay

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Small comfort, Bruce.

If the aircraft skipper's mother's name is offensive to whoever wrote the filter code, that person would not be happy visiting the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. He or she would be face to face with the correct English spelling of two given names. Right there in the epicenter of political correctness, Washingon, D.C.

Will Jim be the next offensive (to some) word? Or Bruce?

I protest.

post-16-127404940635_thumb.jpeg

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Small comfort, Bruce.

If the aircraft skipper's mother's name is offensive to whoever wrote the filter code, that person would not be happy visiting the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. He or she would be face to face with the correct English spelling of two given names. Right there in the epicenter of political correctness, Washingon, D.C.

Will Jim be the next offensive (to some) word? Or Bruce?

I protest.

I will join the protest...

:D :D

Posted Image

Ignore or fail to speak out on this political correctness / terminology issue at your peril, folks.

As of 6:00 PM this date, the U.S. Supreme Court has not ruled the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is "Unconstitutional". Paraphrased, the First Amendment (see The Bill of Rights) states;

Congress shall make no law .... abridging the freedom of speech....

Thank you Mr. Madison and Mr. Jefferson, among others.

If the Congress has 'made a law' that prohibits the use of certain words / terms, shame on the Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court.

If I stand silent and permit a software code writer to decide which terms I can and cannot use in a public forum, shame on me.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

You have taken the first step by stating your position.

Continue voicing your position each even-numbered year at your Congressional District election rallies. Let the candidates hear your voice; insist the candidates hear your voice!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

NO ONE has ever accused me of being politically correct. I call a spade a spade. "*smurf*" means happy or jovial. "Queer" means unnatural. You decide.

I have removed the word "Gay" from the badword filter. The first time someone refers to a car as gay however, I'm getting out the BAN BAT.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

NO ONE has ever accused me of being politically correct. I call a spade a spade. "*smurf*" means happy or jovial. "Queer" means unnatural. You decide.

I like how "queer" isn't blocked, when it's used so much more pejoratively than "gay." Anymore, "gay" is just what homosexuals are, even how they identify themselves, and is only offensive to them if used in a negative context. "Queer" is the thing about them that riles up lynch mobs and Bible beaters, and has always leaned toward offensive even before it took on its context of today. I don't think I've ever heard "queer" used in a lighthearted manner, not meant to at least convey raised eyebrows, if not plain outrage--not even in early 20th century literature. Way to protect the forum, software people.

Not that I don't get why they censored "gay" in the first place. It just strikes me as ironic that the more angry term is left alone.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I have removed the word "Gay" from the badword filter. The first time someone refers to a car as gay however, I'm getting out the BAN BAT.

:D

I'll try to remember to refer to my car's situation as "happy".

Seriously Bruce, I failed to anticipate the unintended consequence of my earlier censorship comment. And I hope and expect you did not take anything in this thread personally.

Mea culpa.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived