CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Motor Mounts - GM Part Necessary????

coolnesss

I have to replace the motor mount on a 2002 ETC, and the part from GM is 116 bux, and Rock Auto has an Anchor brand one for about 30 bux - does anyone have experience with Anchor? I drive hard - the one on my car went out at 35k miles or so - but I want to see what the wisdom of the members here is about value on this item.

THANKS

I replaced mine with Anchor about a month ago. No trouble so far and it's identical to the one that came off of it (except it wasn't broken obviously). I got mine from Advance Auto though, and it has a lifetime replacement warranty so even if it does break prematurely, I can get a new one.

big4870885.jpg

I have to replace the motor mount on a 2002 ETC, and the part from GM is 116 bux, and Rock Auto has an Anchor brand one for about 30 bux - does anyone have experience with Anchor? I drive hard - the one on my car went out at 35k miles or so - but I want to see what the wisdom of the members here is about value on this item.

THANKS

If the OEM didn't last but 35,000 miles...

I am thinking, I would probably try something else.

But then again... it may be even worse... I don't know.

Posted Image

I would buy OEM. Something must have gone wrong with your engine mount. The Eldo still has the dog bone shaped torque bars if I'm correct?

The 98-04 Seville is a completely different story. There are no dog bones in those cars and that causes the front engine mount to go south over time. Apparently there is a new version with heat shields protecting the mount from engine heat which is said to be the main factor in shortening the mount life.

There are no dog bones in those cars and that causes the front engine mount to go south over time.

I fabricated a set of torque struts for mine to prevent that.

There are no dog bones in those cars and that causes the front engine mount to go south over time.

I fabricated a set of torque struts for mine to prevent that.

I've been thinking about doing that too. The front wheels shakes if they aren't as good as perfect. If they don't shake due to unbalance/out of roundness they'll shake when I brake instead.

With new mounts, bushing etc everything is ok but when the front suspension parts and engine/tranny mounts wear the STS gets real picky over the tires.

I don't think torque struts (or lack there of) should affect that Jan. I tried to load pictures of mine, but they apparently where to large. You should be able to see them here.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/

For what it's worth... I recently aquired a 94 STS, I had some severe vibration issues in the front end, mostly noticeable in the steering wheel. Long story short- new tires, balance, 4whl align - balance- double checked alignment. Decided to take up the slack in the worn out torque stuts- seemed to pull tighter, than push- so I loosened, pulled struts toward radiator, re-tightened. Next day- perfect steering wheel- 0 vibration. It loosened up once- noticed immediately, checked at home, sure enough, tightened again. Still need to get new ones- but eons better in the meantime....

I don't think torque struts (or lack there of) should affect that Jan. I tried to load pictures of mine, but they apparently where to large. You should be able to see them here.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/

Well this one (a 2002 STS) is very picky on the tires. I had a 1993 STS and you could almost drive with square tires on that one without knowing it ;)

It's a known problem with the ones without the dogbones, the shake/shimmy if your tires are slightly out of balance/out of roundness.

The brake phenomenom I mentioned can of course also be the discs. I'm planning on doing some minor things on the car, now if I only had access to a lathe...

Thanks!

Archived