CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

(Pic) Is this bad?

I found out where all of my brake fluid is going!

I do tot know where all of your brake fluid is going, but I am going to the doctor with a neck pain after watching your picture :angry::lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

It would appear that there is a good chance it's coming from the brake line. How do the brakes feel ... mushy pedel ...etc? I would think that even with a tiny break in the line the, air is being pulled in when you release the pedel, thus sooner or later causing mushy brakes. Brake lines do fail. I had one to go out on me once and it's quite the rude awakening when it's a solid rupture as mine was.

Jim

Never had it done.. but plan on it. When i do, i'll service the entire brake system at once .. using stainless steel performance lines. just dropping my thoughts on here. I'd guess maybe 80 bucks after you've purchased the parts. no clue really though.

Never had it done.. but plan on it. When i do, i'll service the entire brake system at once .. using stainless steel performance lines. just dropping my thoughts on here. I'd guess maybe 80 bucks after you've purchased the parts. no clue really though.

80 bucks.... parts are not expensive but it will take a few hours to take old lines off , cut double flair, shape up new ones and put all together and bleed. how about 800 at stealership? maybe less at a regular shop but stil pretty necktwisting.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I've been looking everywhere for stainless and the only thing I can find is very expensive stainless braided flexible tubes :/

I'm thinking of buying a 50' of lines and redoing all the brake and fuel lines on my car and double coating them with primer and then a few coats of good paint.

Yeah the brakes just dont feel right. The car just wants to keep right on rolling. The pedal is a little soft but not too bad. Also...i noticed a very strange sound. It occurs only during a soft braking as my car passes from about 10mph to 5mph give or take. It sounds almost like a brake lathe when you put a warped rotor on it. It isnt nearly as loud but it sounds like a metal on metal sound. Not a squal tho. I checked the rotors and there isnt a thing wrong with them.

SCRAPE SCRAPE SCRAPE!

Archived