CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Well, it happened to me too....

Some woman ran a red light and SLAMMED me. And the first thing she said when she got out of her minivan was that she had the green light!

That's OK because I have a witness and she has insurance.

I just hope I can find a good body shop I trust. If ANYONE knows of a body shop I can trust to take care of my baby, please let me know.

Notice how the whole back end shifted about a foot or so to the right!

OUCH!!

BTW, notice the bottom pic is not the side of impact.

post-3-1089392419.jpg

Some woman ran a red light and SLAMMED me. And the first thing she said when she got out of her minivan was that she had the green light!

That's OK because I have a witness and she has insurance.

I just hope I can find a good body shop I trust. If ANYONE knows of a body shop I can trust to take care of my baby, please let me know.

Notice how the whole back end shifted about a foot or so to the right!

OUCH!!

BTW, notice the bottom pic is not the side of impact.

Your location is not given so anyone reading your message would not be able to refer you to a good body shop.

Ok, Fredster, where ya' hidin' !! ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I have a friend who owns a large transmission repair shop in Louisiana. I just e-mailed him asking him for the name of a body shop near you that can do the work. When I get an answer, I'll post it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

OK, I heard back from my good friend, Harvey. Here's his e-mail message to me:

"This is where I have always taken my cars . . . talk to Mike or Kelly

Cajun Collision Inc

1655 N Airway Dr

Baton Rouge, LA 70815-8002

Phone: (225)925-9050

This guy has a good reputation also . . . talk to Kenny if they choose this one (he's about 30 miles from here)

Allen's Body Shop

43326 Panama Road, Sorrento, LA 70778

Tel: (225) 675-8560

Take Care,

Harvey"

I know...what the hell?...Everybody's getting hit lately.

I know, this is getting spooky. Bad things happen in threes.....

Two down, one to go.... :o:(

Pretty bit hit, hopefully the insurance company won't total it.....you are going to need a whole new back end ( like you already didn't know this !!). If the rear frame rails can't be fixed they will have to be replaced as well, then you are talking a lot more time and money. Let us know how it plays out with the insurance...You might also find that when the shop puts it on the frame rack ( a must for this type of hit) that the rear windshield could crack as it is under a lot of pressure right now. Good luck

Yup, I agree... I think you are going to be shopping for another caddy. That is a major amount of damage, and it will be very expensive to fix. :(

I have been doing a little work with the bodyshops and insurance companies lately (because I have a 17 yr. old son that is on his 3rd car now!) and that looks a lot worse that the ones he's had totalled. Obviously the value of the vehicle is the most important variable to you here, so do your homework and stick to your guns with your feelings on what it is worth. ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

It makes me absolutely SICK to think of them totaling my baby. Especially since everything on the engine half works like a charm and is gorgeous!

Marika, thanks for the body shop names. I appreciate it.

On first look its totalled. The rear lamps alone are $800 for a set. There is alot more damage then meets the eye here.....exhaust system......rear suspension.....trunk floor.

The car at very least will need a rear clip. 9 year old car in a month or two...

Sorry.

I hear you I lost a couple cars in the past that was not my fault, I was rear ended Someone ran into me It sure sucks but just looking at your pic's the damage probably will exceed the value of the car but if you can find a good body shop who can repair it with used parts (rear clip) it may be salvageable but if it were mine I would just take the check from the ins. co. and move on if they total it.When cars are hit hard they usually are never rite after that.They may look good but it probably will have trunk leaks and a bunch of minor bs along with it..Unless you are doing of the repair work yourself just not worth fooling with the car.

Good Luck

Jim

I agree with Franie and Logan...., that car looks like it took a pretty good hit....

I guess we are all assuming you are okay...., hope so...

When it's all said and done, the body shop may get the car look'in good, ...but its what you don't see that will haunt you down the road.

Push for a total and negotiate hard, typically insurance are going to try to "put the screws to you"...

Marika, thanks for the body shop names. I appreciate it.

My pleasure. I was chatting with Harvey Wilson on line last night (AOL/IM) He's been taking all his cars to Cajun for years. He highly recommends them.

I hope everything works out for you and I hope you're OK after this accident.

Cheers!

(and I thought I had it tough with all the little kids in the neighborhood jumping and playing around my car and I get annoyed when I find finger prints on my car... LOLOL!!)

Cant believe what Im seeing..glad your okay...not to scare anyone...but

CTS hit on July 4th

read the story down below after the pics

If that puddle was previously reported to the State's highway commission, there is a possibility that the State can be made to reimburse the guy for his damages. Here in New Jersey, if any highway defects cause damage to your car and there's a record that the highway defects had been previously reported, the State will reimburse you for your damages.

Why not buy it back cheap and have the body shop make it into a "Cavalance" ? :P Recall the El Camino (El Sevillo) ;) ?

Who knows, with a teeny-weeny flat bed on the back and nice, tasteful chrome side rails, it might make it to one of those webpages - where viewers drop their jaw and say "what the h*ll was he thinking". :lol:

Sory 'bout teh hit, :huh: but assumming your'r OK - then warm up another one !

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived