CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS-V

MAC

Too bad it is not just a hair UNDER 50,000 miles...then you could get it certified.

I assume that payment is for 60 months. (5 years)

That sounds like a good price.

It it really is loaded...that was a $60,000 car when it was new.

When you say ALL THE OPTIONS...what do you mean?

Is it Northstar or V6?

Does it have the sunroof?

Does it have NAV?

Does it have the active suspension?

17 inch or 18 inch wheels?

Get the dealer printout of it's service history, and get them to print out the build sheet.

All of that can be done from any of the dealers computers by using GMVIS.

I know it has a sunroof and NAV. As far as active suspension and wheel size, I don't know for sure. The salesman was telling me it had heated front and back seats, etc. It also has XM satellite radio which is by subscription, so it's likely to expire. If it has the NAV and sunroof maybe a good guess is that it probably has the active suspension. I would also like the V8 Northstar also.

Here is the standard/option summary card for the 2006 STS.

That brochure shows the Cadillac expected 0-60 time for the V8 is 'under 6 seconds'; I think the 320hp V8 STS is an interesting option beside the current 304 hp V6 DI CTS. The AWD adds 300 lbs but if you need that it is a perfect option of cse.

That brochure does not show option sets, just individual options.

Specs page at gm.com is a press source page for info on the 2006.

* All-wheel drive becomes an available option on V-6 models

* Bose 5.1 Studio Surround Sound with Navigation standard on the V-8 1SE package

* 18-inch wheels available mid-year 2005 on 1SC V-6 and 1SF V-8 RWD

* Four exterior colors: Stealth Grey, Radiant Bronze, Blackberry and Infrared

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I know it has a sunroof and NAV. As far as active suspension and wheel size, I don't know for sure. The salesman was telling me it had heated front and back seats, etc. It also has XM satellite radio which is by subscription, so it's likely to expire. If it has the NAV and sunroof maybe a good guess is that it probably has the active suspension. I would also like the V8 Northstar also.

Sounds nice.

What color is it?

If you want to renew the XM, there is a code you can use to renew it for a year for only 77 bucks. "ZWINBACK"

Just call 'em and tell them you got it in the mail and want to renew it for the $77 special rate. :D

Posted Image

Here is the standard/option summary card for the 2006 STS.

That brochure shows the Cadillac expected 0-60 time for the V8 is 'under 6 seconds'; I think the 320hp V8 STS is an interesting option beside the current 304 hp V6 DI CTS. The AWD adds 300 lbs but if you need that it is a perfect option of cse.

That brochure does not show option sets, just individual options.

Specs page at gm.com is a press source page for info on the 2006.

* All-wheel drive becomes an available option on V-6 models

* Bose 5.1 Studio Surround Sound with Navigation standard on the V-8 1SE package

* 18-inch wheels available mid-year 2005 on 1SC V-6 and 1SF V-8 RWD

* Four exterior colors: Stealth Grey, Radiant Bronze, Blackberry and Infrared

Thanks Bruce for the brochure link. The STS I was looking at also had memory position seats, power tilt steering, and Bose sound system. The main thing is whether it has the 3.6L or 4.6L N* and performance handling package, which is comes with the 4.6L only.

The STS I tested drove was a 2006 (66,000 miles) with all the options. It was the STS all wheel drive. The dealer offered it to me for 17,900, which included giving me 4,000 off as a trade-in for my Eldorado. The monthly payment would be $345

What do you think of this deal?

When you say "...offered it to me for 17,900, which included giving me 4,000..." do you mean you would pay $13,900 with the trade or that they are asking 21,900 for the STS?

Not sure how to value the AWD, but that seems high for a RWD 2006 STS. When I look on kbb they seem to support that as a good price though.

kbb.com suggests that for an AWD STS with 66K miles in excellent shape a Dealer might take it on trade for $15K-$16K (after a hard negotiation lol) and offer it for sale for $22K.

kbb.com also shows the AWD vs RWD premium for a Dealer sale on a 2006 STS is around $2K.

Bruce

The STS I tested drove was a 2006 (66,000 miles) with all the options. It was the STS all wheel drive. The dealer offered it to me for 17,900, which included giving me 4,000 off as a trade-in for my Eldorado. The monthly payment would be $345

What do you think of this deal?

When you say "...offered it to me for 17,900, which included giving me 4,000..." do you mean you would pay $13,900 with the trade or that they are asking 21,900 for the STS?

Not sure how to value the AWD, but that seems high for a RWD 2006 STS. When I look on kbb they seem to support that as a good price though.

kbb.com suggests that for an AWD STS with 66K miles in excellent shape a Dealer might take it on trade for $15K-$16K (after a hard negotiation lol) and offer it for sale for $22K.

kbb.com also shows the AWD vs RWD premium for a Dealer sale on a 2006 STS is around $2K.

Yes. The price was originally $21,900. The offer of $17,900 is with trade-in. I then said that I would think about it. Then the price was lowered to $16,900. I still wouldn't commit, so I was then asked what would be a good price for me. So at this point, the lowest price is $16,900 with trade-in. This does not include tax, registration, etc. So it looks like at $16,900 it would be a pretty good deal.

I priced it at Kelly Blue Book for $22,405 suggested retail with the V6. Since I'm not sure whether it has the V6 or 4.6L N*, I selected the V6.

The 2007 STS got the new 6 speed automatic, which is a desirable add, and you could get a "performance handling package" which was kind of the STS-V Pilot sport tires and brakes. The new grill / front end treatment came in 08.

I really like the STS as an unappreciated value at the moment.

You are negotiating on the STS but you don't know if it is a V6 or V8? That is great news for the power output of the V6, but pop the hood on that puppy!

Also, got any links to pics on the dealer site?

Bruce

The 2007 STS got the new 6 speed automatic, which is a desirable add, and you could get a "performance handling package" which was kind of the STS-V Pilot sport tires and brakes. The new grill / front end treatment came in 08.

I really like the STS as an unappreciated value at the moment.

You are negotiating on the STS but you don't know if it is a V6 or V8? That is great news for the power output of the V6, but pop the hood on that puppy!

Also, got any links to pics on the dealer site?

I agree that a used STS is a great value. Anyone who is driving a 90s Cadillac should drive a 2005 or later STS. I test-drove the 2006 and I was very impressed, particularly since it's not even 3 years old, yet affordable. The leather seats were comfortable, it's very quiet, shifts nicely, and has heated seats (front and back), GPS, Bose sound, etc. You really have to drive one to fully appreciate it. If I could afford an 07, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a serious look. But the 07 is out of my price rang. In the meantime, here is a link to some of the local STSs in my area.

Here is a 2005 that caught my eye. The photo is not the actual, but the description sounds good and the mileage is only 28,056. Here is a link to the dealership where I test-drove the STS. Unfortunately, the STS is not one of the cars listed on their site. On the top of page 2 is the CTS-V I test-drove.

Hey Warren,

Come on down here and get one.

Bruce and I will help you find one and maybe take you out to a good Texas steak dinner, while you are here.

Or maybe you take us out, since we will find you such a good deal. :D:D

Sorry guys, I've been on vacation this week and missed this reply. What a great offer!! YES, dinner would be on me!

I've been playing the market close to my vest recently, as I expect this bear market rally to "tank" in the next few weeks/months. If that coincides with my next July vacation (and I wisely sell the winners) I'll be looking, once again, for a steel Corvette.

You needn't hide your "Welcome Mats," I'll give you notice.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Sorry guys, I've been on vacation this week and missed this reply. What a great offer!! YES, dinner would be on me!

I've been playing the market close to my vest recently, as I expect this bear market rally to "tank" in the next few weeks/months. If that coincides with my next July vacation (and I wisely sell the winners) I'll be looking, once again, for a steel Corvette.

You needn't hide your "Welcome Mats," I'll give you notice.

Regards,

Warren

Steel Corvettes are neat and have CLASS too.

They are real head turners, because there are so few of them.

Welcome mat is out. :D

Posted Image

Steel Corvettes are neat and have CLASS too.

They are real head turners, because there are so few of them.

Welcome mat is out. :D

Thanks! :hatsoff:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I would say they mean a sports sedan with performance similar to a Corvette but with a steel body and not a fiberglass body on the Corvette. Technically the current Corvette is not fiberglass, but is SMC (plastic) as I recall, but that's just details.

Bruce

WTH is a steel Corvette?

Steel Corvette = Cadillac XLR. :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived