CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Glacier Gold

sunny_j

I actually think that I did see one yesterday, and it was BEAUTIFUL! Though not offered in 2008, the color appeared lighter than either Gold Mist, or Cognac Frost. These two colors WERE offered in 2008.

I was actually struck by how nice the car looked in that color, and thought to myself that it would be a great choice, maybe even better that the White Diamond that I chose.

Keep in mind that I was struck by the color, and ASSUME it was the Glacier Gold, since I had never noticed that color on any car before. I found myself looking for the "LIGHTNING" coating on top of the paint, because it seemed to change with sun angle, but couldn't get any blue or red to pop out.

Speaking of colors, 2009 (or maybe 08) had a Blue Lightning color. I only saw one, which stayed at the dealership for a very long time. Anybody know how many were made in that color? It was pretty bad!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Blue Lightning...sounds interesting. I would like to see one.

I didn't know that made that color..but then again...there is a lot I don't know. :D:D:D

Mine is WHITE LIGHTNING. A pearl tricoat paint.

I like it real well. It is kinda, sorta, like White Diamond, but WHITER.

Posted Image

You can see a paint swatch here at cardata

in the 2005 section: Glacier Gold Tricoat 77/WA300M

Glacier

Gold Tricoat

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

This would most likely be a 4 coat paint, not tricoat. The "ligtning" part of that color is the FlipFlop topcoat, which makes it turn colors at different sun angles. Now picture that on top of a royal blue and you have Blue Lightning.

I don't know what Caddy called this color, this is what I call it. My wife just called it ugly.

This would most likely be a 4 coat paint, not tricoat. The "ligtning" part of that color is the FlipFlop topcoat, which makes it turn colors at different sun angles. Now picture that on top of a royal blue and you have Blue Lightning.

I don't know what Caddy called this color, this is what I call it. My wife just called it ugly.

I don't think I would like it on a dark Royal Blue...it would look odd.

I do like it on MY car. :D:D

'course, I am JUST A LITTLE biased. :D:D

I am not sure, but I think they only made the White Lightning in 2006 and maybe a few in 2007.

Then they went back to White Diamond.

Posted Image

I am not sure, but I think they only made the White Lightning in 2006 and maybe a few in 2007.

Then they went back to White Diamond.

I think you are correct. I also saw a Light Platinum with the FlipFlop top coat around those same years, but I also forget what Caddy called that color. The most interesting 2009 color offering is the Ocean Pearl Tricoat, which appears to be a very light gold in the online "build your caddy" official site.

The Cadillac looks silver in person? So it is sort of a gold-tinted silver color?

its hard to see the car in person being its 12 hours away from me. the best i could come up was pics from the dealer.

That looks more like White Lightning to me, and the FlipFlop top coat does have a gold tone at times, maybe that's just a color name somebody came up with for lack of a better description. I'd check the build date, it may be a late 2005, and could have a 2006 color on it.

Can the dealer give you a paint code?

I've been out of town for a while. The build sheet looks correct, and I think I just realized that there must be different color names for the Canadian market. I'm really just guessing here, but I would think that this color, which "looks silver in person", was called something totally different for the US market. I can't remember what the US name was, but it was a Light Platinum, with the FlipFlop topcoat. "Platinum Lightning", would be my closest guess, but I know that's not what it was really called. The "glacier" part of the name was probably invented to appeal directly to Canadian buyers.

I have seen one of them, but they are not very common. Not a bad looking color, but odd. The flipflop only appeals to certain people for a long time, but it does have that unique custom look that draws your immediate attention. Sorry I can't be of more help on this.

I should have remembered this post when I was in Findlay OH this week. The body shop at La Riches Cadillac had several DTS chassis, directly from the factory, with most of the back end covered only in a clear plastic sheeting and duct tape, NO SHEET METAL, NO DECK LIDS OR REAR DOORS just the subframes! I asked about these, and found out that they were going to be turned into hearses! Now a body shop like that would most likely know about Caddy colors at least.

Archived