CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Records for Longest and Shortest you kept a Cadillac?

What are the records for the longest and shortest you kept a Cadillac?

I think my shortest was the 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood. It had been my Mom's car, and it was here for a few months, all for sale.

Looking back, I had the 92 STS for 3 years. I had the 96 STS for about 3 years as well.

I had the 04 CTS for 1 year and I have had the 2005 CTS for over 4 years now, so it is my longest Cadillac (oddly enough).

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My record for the LONGEST was a 1980 Sedan de Ville.

Triple white.

White with white leather and white vinyl top.

Bought it new in 1980...sold it in 2001 with over 250,000 miles on it.

It was probably the best and most trouble free car I have ever owned.

Sometimes I wish I still had it. :D

Next longest was a 1984 Fleetwood Brougham de Elegence.

White with the pillow tufted blue leather interior with white vinyl top.

Bought new for Darling Wife, in fall of '03, when they first hit the dealers showrooms.

Kept it till fall of 2001. Almost 150,000 miles on the little 4.1 V8

That one was payment/apology for trading her 1981 Seville diesel de Elegance for a 1978, Silver Anniversary, L82 Corvette.

She loved that Humpback diesel Seville. :D:D

I didn't realize HOW MUCH till I traded it off for the Corvette.

I almost had to SLEEP in the 'vette for the first few days. :P

I looked for almost two years for something else that she would like...finally got the 84 Fleetwood for her.

The shortest time was a 1981 Fleetwood Brougham de Elegence.

V8-6-4

Gray with burgundy leather interior and gray vinyl top.

Bought it used in '82 with only 4,000 miles on it.

Only had it about 3 months.

Friend of mine JUST HAD TO HAVE IT...sold it to him. :D

There are a lot more...like the 78 El Dorado Biarittz that needed 40 acres to make a u-turn. Talk about a BOAT...

It was our SATURDAY NIGHT car and parade car.

It was a head turner and was a lot of fun to drive in parades.

I had several young nieces back then in the 10 to 15 year old age range.

They thought it was SO COOL to sit on top with the sunroof open and wave to the crowds and throw candy to the kids during parades. :D

But I don't want to bore everybody with tales about all of them.

Posted Image

What are the records for the longest and shortest you kept a Cadillac?

I think my shortest was the 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood. It had been my Mom's car, and it was here for a few months, all for sale.

Looking back, I had the 92 STS for 3 years. I had the 96 STS for about 3 years as well.

I had the 04 CTS for 1 year and I have had the 2005 CTS for over 4 years now, so it is my longest Cadillac (oddly enough).

Shortest was a cimeron, I can't recall the year but it only made it about 20 days befor I had enough. The longest is my 94 fleetwood which was a total two years ago and I'm happy to say that it has been saved and is waiting for paint and final assembly. My 99 Eldorado is close behind. I love the Eldo every spring when I pull it out of storage. My 94 Fleetwood still remains my all time overall favorate. For the long haul trips you just can't beat it, although my 90 Brougham with the 5.7 was a nice long haul cruiser also. I've been a caddy guy for 30 years now and have owned at least forty between myself and my wife. Some of them have been great and some of them were a real piece of crap. Caddy really put us old timers to the test with things like the 8-6-4, the diesel, the early 4.1L and the cimeron. I'm sad to say that overall Caddy is moving away from my kind of car but the DTS will be my next purchase. I rent CTS's regularly on travel and they are just a bit too small for me. Other then that they are very nice though.

But I don't want to bore everybody with tales about all of them.

Jim, please "bore" us! I enjoy reading your stories and am sure many others do too.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I bought my 95 ETC Wednesday, hope to keep it for along time. It is my first Caddy but hoefully not my last. My eldy has 101k miles but for $750 it was a deal that I could not refuse. It will not shift from 3 to 4th while in drive, so I drove it the 42 miles home in third gear.

My 97 Deville is my first Cadillac, I bought it in 2001 from the Cadi dealership for $13,000 with 59,000 miles and I havent had many problems with it besides the recent oil pressure issues. I LOVE this car and it holds real sentimental value with me so I dont see myself getting rid of it in the near or distant future, matter of fact I've been thinking about an engine rebuild for my old girl and finding myself a 2002-03 Seville.

Archived