CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I allmost died in my sts !!!!!

sts rider

my sts drives itself please help I have p065 code current can I bypass cruise control I allmost died my 93 sts was doing 45 by its self and would bearley let me press the break I had to shut the car off at 15 mph hour?????!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a shop will charge me way too much and its a recession for me I need help asap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! and BTW I never set the cruise I do believe it was in the on position though? theis fas happend twice when I tried to start the car after I shut I off the rpm's went to 5 by if self in park and it wouldn start in N after like 4 times of starting like that it started fine and I drove it home parked it please help If I can't drive I cant work and I cant afford a very expensive repair ??????

Turn the cruise control switch to the off position to disable cruise control.

What you describe sounds similar to a sticking accelerator cable, not a cruise control fault.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I live in st paul mn it was snowing and I was kinda stuck in like 2 or 3 inches of snow and I put the car in 3rd gear and spun the tires at like 35 mph for about 15 seconds and got free so I'm thinking I was alright and then I try to stop/slow down to pull into the driveway and I had to pass it and the sts keep going by itself at about 30 or so the brakes would not allow me to push them down

more then half way and they were kind of studdering or whatever like the anti lock was on? so I just push the brakes hard as i can going against the accelerator got down to like 10 mph pushed the ebrake and stopped the car my first thought was the fuel injection was giving to much gas or something so when i shut if off i thought it would go back to normal but no!! i start and it run the rpm's up to around 5 or 6 like vroom steady like if i would have put in drive i would of toke like i mashed the pedal so I start and again the same thing I did this four time with 1 min inbetween and on the 5th try start up fine just like nomal no problem at all no check engine or anything and i drive off regular im fine for 20 or so miles even park over night started in the morning fine no problems and drove for 7 or 8 miles just fine that was the first time it happened i will explain the 2nd time in in my next post BTW thanks for any help

Turn the cruise control switch to the off position to disable cruise control.

What you describe sounds similar to a sticking accelerator cable, not a cruise control fault.

I pulled the accelerator up with my foot when i tried to start again and still it continued but if that is it what can be done and do you have en estimate ?

Okay so the time next it happend I start the car it starts fine no problems let it sit for like 8 mins and warm up still no problems I turn the heat no problems car warms up heat works fine no check engine light everything is fine so i take off i drive about a 1/2 a miles to the highway stopping at stop lights on the way and all that so I get to the on ramp hop at about 30 mph I needed to merge into traffic so i accelerated pretty quick to about 60 mph toke my foot off the pedal and the sts didnt naturally slow like it should it maintained 60 so I push the brake same thing couldn push it past half way I go for like 4 exits like this trying to avoid a crash at high speed I waited for an exit that had a long straight away so it could try to save my life and possibly others getting off the highway i am able to slow to 35 mph with plenty resistance on the brake the light was red and their were three lanes and two had cars waiting at the red light still I went thru the left lane and turned right barely crashing into cars at around 25 or so I got on a side street fighting with the brakes stopped the sts at about 10 mph their was smoke coming from the right front under the hood I tried again stopping and starting the engine same thing zoom up to 6 rpm's after 6 attemps my friend came in a van so he pushed in neutral to the curb so I could leave it there parked till later so I am just about to leave but I try to start the sts 1 more time and guess what it start perfectly fine somewere inbetween I turned off the cruise but I am not sure when so I drove back home and toke it easy on the way back and parked............... since I figured out how to check the codes and all that and did so I have only had the car for like a week BTW since then I have drove around the block a couple times with no problems I dont know WTF is going on???

I need to get some sleep but please LMK any thing that will help or anything!!! I will check back in like 6 hours since I am calling in to work because of this problem please and thank you so much!!! for any help! oh here are all the codes I recorded

po65 curnnent

history

po62

po61

so44

so55

ao48

so60

no acp codes

no ipc codes

no sir codes

no tcs codes

new history

po30

p061

p062

and then comes pcm?

this is everything I know at this time !

Well I'm replying off my blackberry and don't know what those codes are off the top of my head but it sounds to me like a kinked up accelerator cable. Open the hood up (and I'm not sure but you may also need to remove the cadillac beauty cover) and inspect the throttle cable for kinks or irregularities. (there are two cables - one for the cruise control and one for the throttle. The throttle is the inner most one) with the engine off pull the throttle control back and fourth and see if anything sticks. If not disengage the cruise control cable by pulling the throttle a bit and unclipping the cruise control cable by pushing foreward. Most likely you are going to need a new accellerator cable but I guess if something is shorting the cruise control circut out maybe its engaging at the wrong time? Ps from now on if that happens make sure you get to the right side of the road and turn the engine off and then the ignition back to on so you can steer! ...oh.. All while not forgetting you won't have power assisted brakes when the car is off :)

Good luck

my friend worked at a small car rental place that had a few used cars. we went for a cruise one night with a chrysler new yorker with a 440 and the darn cruise went nuts. we did not have a flashlight and could only feel around under the aircleaner but the throttle stuck wide open on the highway. lots of fun. and yes, the brakes can stop a wide open big block. not sure if the tranny like it though.

Archived