CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rebuilt laser printer toner cartridges

I love my HP color laser printer until the toner has to be replaced.

Anyone here have experience to share regarding rebuilt toner cartridges from sources like Cartridge World?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Jim,

I work on computers and printers for a living.

That said, I am not trying to tell you what to do.

The quality of rebuilt cartridges vary a LOT.

If it was me and I was considering a rebuilt cartridge....

(which after cleaning up some of the printers where the crappy rebuilt cartridges spilled toner all inside the printer, I would NEVER do) I would try to find a LOCAL source.

Maybe Office Depot?

That way if there is any trouble with a leaking cartridge or one is filled improperly and you get about half the pages it should, you have someplace you can actually GO TO and get it straightened out, and not be trying to deal with some online company.

After working on them for years and looking at all the problems they have caused...

I use HP cartridges in my HP laser printers and Lexmark cartridges in my Lexmark laser printers. All bought locally.

I don't print a huge amount so the added cost (to me) spread over the lifetime of the laser cartridge, is really not that much.

If you print a lot..then the equation changes dramatically as far as cost is concerned.

I probably have a very skewed viewpoint based on my job experience, so take my reply with several grains of salt. :D:D

Posted Image

I'll look forward to seeing additional input. This could prove to be a VERY interesting thread. :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

....The quality of rebuilt cartridges vary a LOT.

If it was me and I was considering a rebuilt cartridge....

(which after cleaning up some of the printers where the crappy rebuilt cartridges spilled toner all inside the printer, I would NEVER do) I would try to find a LOCAL source.

That shared experience caused me to rethink the whole rebuilt idea.

There are Cartridge World store fronts here and the saving would be approximately 21% compared to new HP.

Office Depot offers a few rebuilds but not my cartridges.

Staples offers zero rebuilds. But with the Staples Rewards program and a $4.00 each Reward for recycling used cartridges, the net-net for new versus rebuilt came down to less than $25.00 for four cartridges. Not worth the potential mess and hassle with spilled toner!

My printing load is not huge (I'm retired) but when I want color, I want color. Thanks to Jim for the input that sent me back to the spreadsheet.

And I'm one of those people that advocate using GM OEM replacement parts on Cadillacs. Where was my head?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

what about re-filling ink jet carts anyone do this successfully?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Texas, so you know about toner phoners :o I used to run offset too

Joe

I have never ran an offset press...but I worked for a couple of years at a printing place.

Some of their equipment was really nice.

They had a big Heidelberg 4 color (among others).

It did really nice work.

I drove the big diesel delivery truck. :D:D:D

Posted Image

Archived