CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

One last 1974 Jaguar E-type

[article]

After production stopped on the Jaguar E-type in 1974 the factory boxed up the leftovers. Eventually they came into the hands of Ray Parrott, who found that there were almost enough parts (95%) to build a whole car. So he did, making the only 2008 original 1974 Jaguar E-type 12 cylinder car on the road.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

WOW!! Gimme, gimme!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The E-type was described by auto writer Henry Manney as "the greatest Crumpet collector known to man", with good reason I think. (This is a British slang for it was a good car to use to pick up women in).

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The 1974 E-Type looks soooo much better without our ugly, North American mandated black bumpers.

They looked like a tacked on afterthought, which they were, and they ruined the svelte lines.

The car certainly looks different with the road wheels ... I think it was made to have wire rims.

Thanks for the link, Bruce.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Archived