CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fender Skirts 1975 cadillac?

johnpas

Help guys. Will the rear fender skirts on a 1975 sedan de ville work on a coupe de ville ? My older freind with coupe found some skirts from a sedan for sale , he would like to know if they will work . We put a tranny th400 in his car 10 days ago , from junk yard 115 dollars works great ! he is so happy. I put it in on his street! four cops drove by they did not bother us , I cleaned up all oil spills . Job went smooth, I cheated though I bought a transmission jack for 40 bucks on craigslist , it is an older mechanical one a Werner model . It made job so easy , holds the trans steady , I feel guilty it was too easy . I put it in for old man for free . Just being a good samiritan , I feel sorry for him he wants to do more to his car but he is limited because of age. I love his 75 coupe it rides nice and I think it looks good too. I have a 97 eldo that runs great , I love my northstar , everything works great ,cadillacs are beautiful cars. I sold Mercedes benz and BMW's for 10 years I thought they were the best but now I have a lot of respect for cadillac. John in sunny San Diego Ca!

The only reference I would have on the 1975 model year is

It looks like there was a DeVille Elegance Package that probably included the fender skirts. So, I would think that they probably would fit.

There were six models for Cadillac in 1975. Make sure that both cars are DeVilles, and not Calais, Eldorados, Broughams, Seventy-Fives, or Sevilles. I'm sure that fender skirts from one line will not fit another line. The VIN for the DeVilles were of the form 6D47S5?100001 (Coupe) or 6D49S5?100001 (Sedan), the key being the second character, "D" for DeVille. The second character for the other lines is C, L, B, F or S.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The Devilles and Fleetwoods all had fender skirts through the '76 model year. I'm reasonably sure the Sedan deVille skirts would fit on a Coupe deVille. Can you try them out before you buy them?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The Devilles and Fleetwoods all had fender skirts through the '76 model year. I'm reasonably sure the Sedan deVille skirts would fit on a Coupe deVille. Can you try them out before you buy them?

The skirts are at pick your part" salvage yard in Chula Vista , CA . It is half price weekend so they are only 15 bucks. he has paid 100 before at special caddy yards in los angeles. He is excited about if they work and he only pays 15 each. He has two 75 coupe de villes. Criminals stole the the skirts off of one of his coupes and the other coupe is just missing one. So he needs three. I am pretty sure he is on SSI so he does not have a lot of money. I guess we can go to yard today or tommarow and measure skirt real close or we can take his one off his car and bring it into yard and see if it fits. They spray the skirt with a special yellow paint so you can bring part into salvage yard and they know it is yours. Well thank you guys very much , my opinion is that I think they are the same from just looking by eye. We will see. Thank you very much John in san diego.

I would take a good picture of his fender well, with a tape mesure across it, and take the photo and the measuring tape to the salvage yard. That should provide all the assurance you can get short of driving the Caddy there and try-before-you-buy... which, now that I think about it, sounds like a good idea if the Caddy is licensed and insured.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I would take a good picture of his fender well, with a tape mesure across it, and take the photo and the measuring tape to the salvage yard. That should provide all the assurance you can get short of driving the Caddy there and try-before-you-buy... which, now that I think about it, sounds like a good idea if the Caddy is licensed and insured.

Yes he is license and insured , but safe I am not sure about that! He is very old like 70 or so and he does not drive good. We are going today to yard. We will drive my 97 eldorado with my tools in trunk. he is going to make a card board template to take in. His car does not get good gas mileage so we won't drive his car it is about 27 miles away . I am leaving now to pick him up . Thank you guys. I will update ya all on 75 skirt affair. LOL! Johnny in san diego.

Yes he is license and insured , but safe I am not sure about that! He is very old like 70 or so and he does not drive good. We are going today to yard. We will drive my 97 eldorado with my tools in trunk. he is going to make a card board template to take in. His car does not get good gas mileage so we won't drive his car it is about 27 miles away . I am leaving now to pick him up . Thank you guys. I will update ya all on 75 skirt affair. LOL! Johnny in san diego.

Thank you guys. We got him 3 good condition skirts , so we can conclude that yes a sedan and coupe have the same skirts for a 1975.

Thank you guys. We got him 3 good condition skirts , so we can conclude that yes a sedan and coupe have the same skirts for a 1975.

It seems that you did a real good deed for the old man today and thats not counting installing the transmission for him the other day.

That is very nice. Not many people help each other out these days.

Thank you for helping him.

Posted Image

It seems that you did a real good deed for the old man today and thats not counting installing the transmission for him the other day.

That is very nice. Not many people help each other out these days.

Thank you for helping him.

Thank you jim , But I spoke too soon! When I took him home last night I pull up to drop him off and I look at his Blue 75 coupe and it is missing a passenger skirt not a driver skirt. We were at yard and he said it was driver skirt . So we have wrong side for Blue coupe deville. I don't believe this happened , I trusted him that he knew what side was missing . I guess I have to double check him more. The two left and right skirts for the red coupe fit ok , they need to be painted red because they are brown we got them off a 72 coupe good condition and they were only 10 bucks each not 15. I need to adjust bracket on inside because one corner sticks out 3/8" of a inch. I had to be with my family today so I told him get up early and exchange driver skirt for passenger skirt for his Blue coup deville . I did not see him at Church today so I am worried. My wife says he probably got lost in salvage yard , lol. I will call him monday , I needed a break from him . It takes a lot patiences to help older people , they are slow and they bark at you sometimes .

A week ago he dropped the bad TH400 in the street and fell when we were moving it from my son's pick up truck to my patio corner, he hurt his tailbone some. I felt bad. But he is so stubborn , for weeks he has been moving TH400's with me and he has been ok a little wobblie but ok. Most the time he takes the heavy end the bellhousing end because he fights with me and says he is stronger than me , I am 51 years old and ok shape. I got tired of arguing with him on what end to take so I just say ' what end do you want ?' he takes heavy end . The Three times we moved the TH400's they did not have the Torque converter on them so they were lighter. The day he dropped it he had the torque converter on it so it was heavier. Full of fluid too. After he fell I felt bad and helped him up , he was ok. I did not want him to touch that trans again so I picked up TH400 by myself and walked 5 feet and up sidewalk curb and dropped it down on Trans jack. I don't believe I did that but actually I did and I did not hurt my back but my left arm pulled some , it hurt two days and went away . When I got to curb I could not lift my leg up to curb so I pulled hard with my arms to get my leg up over curb . . I don't think he thinks he is stronger than me anymore. His tailbone is feeling better he says. I am not sure how much that TH400 weighs with converter and fluid but it was heavy maybe 160 pounds. I did not have the patiences to call my son to come down and help me he lives 5 miles away, and I did not want the old man Wayne to touch it again and get really hurt. If trans would have fell on his leg or foot or mine it could do a lot damage from 2 feetoff ground , it put a big dent in the street .

He has a medium leak on his trans pan , I think it is the O ring on modulator or maybe pan gasket , he was too cheap to put a new gasket . So when I get time I have to change O ring first , if it is not that I will take pan off his old trans the one he dropped and put it on new trans , the new trans pan might be tweaked some , I rather just switch pans than try and pound it out flat. If he does not have the money I guess I will buy him a gasket . Well when I get his leak fixed maybe I can take a break from helping him., He is talking about his heater not working , idler arm worn , mechanical advance sticking inside distributor and some body work too ! ..LOL Well thanks a lot guys , this forum helps me a lot .

Archived