CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What would you do?

JohnnyG

I got this message today from OnStar:

"You drive less. Shouldn’t you save more?

An exclusive discount for OnStar low mileage drivers.

You’re enrolled in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics and you drive less than 15,000 miles per year. OnStar drivers like you qualify for one of the best insurance discounts ever offered.¹ This special discount is provided exclusively to OnStar drivers like you. With your permission, we’ll do all the work for you by automatically confirming your mileage, based on your vehicle diagnostics reports. To see how much you could save on your auto policy — and to learn more — click here. You can also call 1.877.713.633"

Would you accept this offer? It appears to offer GMAC Insurance.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

you got your first "spam" on your cars system. it won't be the last. everyone wants to be connected. you have a home computer and it won't be too long until we have computers in cars. if you think using a cell phone in a car is distracting than wait until you have a computer to take away your attention from driving. or do you have that now? it won't be long until the onstar operator asks you if you want to buy something. you have in dash stereos that have built in hard drives or flash drives now. why not surf the internet on your car computer. so you need an internet account for your home computer, cell phone plan, wireless card for laptop, and car computer. whoa. thats a big monthly bill.

I personally think the benefits outweigh the negatives. That would not bother me, I have Geico, its not likely they can beat the Gekco anyway. I have a friend who is worth a bundle of money however, he has a 2007 Escalade, when the trial period ended, he did not renew it, I think it was less than $20 a month, I was surprised, but then, being frugal is how you become worth a bundle. To me however, again, the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I got this message today from OnStar:

"You drive less. Shouldn't you save more?

An exclusive discount for OnStar low mileage drivers.

You're enrolled in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics and you drive less than 15,000 miles per year.

Would you accept this offer? It appears to offer GMAC Insurance.

Down here, I have saw billboards advertising insurance for LOW MILEAGE drivers.

Have also heard commercials on the radio.

Reckon it is the latest thing for drivers.

Might be a good deal if it will save you some money.

(I can't qualify.) :( I drive about 60,000 to 70,000 miles a year... more or less.

Posted Image

I personally think the benefits outweigh the negatives. That would not bother me, I have Geico, its not likely they can beat the Gekco anyway. I have a friend who is worth a bundle of money however, he has a 2007 Escalade, when the trial period ended, he did not renew it, I think it was less than $20 a month, I was surprised, but then, being frugal is how you become worth a bundle. To me however, again, the benefits outweigh the negatives.

I love my OnStar Directions and Connections plan.

It may not be frugal, but it is worth it to me.

I am getting to the age where I do not like to be inconvenienced too much. (If at all.) :D

Trying to find a location in a strange town can be very frustrating and is an inconvenience to me. :D

I can push the OnStar button and they tell me how to get there.

If I need a phone number... they get it for me.

If I need to find a hotel or restaurant ... they find it for me and tell me how to get there. :D

Did I mention, I love my OnStar? :D:D:D

I know, I know,

I can get the address...

Find a place to stop the car...

Type it in to the nav system and find it that way...

but that too is an inconvenience.

It is so much easier to just push the button and have the nice lady at OnStar give me directions.

Posted Image

Thanks for the comments. I'll probably let them quote me insurance when mine is about to run out. It's the "we'll do all the work for you" part that got me the most. I've always been a do-it-yourself kind of guy, which has saved me a small bundle over the years.

On the other hand, I did choose AIG this last time around, so I'm not ALWAYS betting on the right horse!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

....On the other hand, I did choose AIG this last time around, so I'm not ALWAYS betting on the right horse!

:D:D:D

I love it. But fear not; the (insurance) business world will be a safer place after January 20th, 2009.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived