CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

112mph max?

don280z

If you buy a c5 corvette you won't have that problem. I backed off at 145, with the top down, and I didn't get any limiter message. ;)

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

The car is available with tires that are only rated to 115 mph as I recall. So speeds over that level are not safe.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Do a site search for "speed chips" and I think you'll find that newer Caddy models can not be simply re-fitted with a special chip, per se. Its a bit more difficult and no one has offered a cost effective "cure".

And again, there is the liability issue for the first one that does....

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

145mph ehh....be careful. The current nationwide high speed deployment with recorded data is like 142 mph. And it was a Corvette racing a Mercedes. Problem is...the Corvette cut a Jeep in two.

4 dead in the Jeep. Corvette driver survived.

Logan

www.airbagcrash.com

www.logandiagnostic.com

There was a lot of discussion about this sometime back and I recall several posts saying that 95 including some of the 94 sts on up had limiters. The practical side of me says it's a good idea for many obvious reasons and the little boy inside me says "booooo". Personally speaking, cruising at 115 or even 135 mph isn't half the fun as achieving that speed in minimal time.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived