CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Investment Advice?

I turned 60 a week ago. I've a fair amount of money in the bank, but would like to have still more. Until recently, I thought my five remaining working years might profit me. Now, I'm not so sure.

A hard-nosed but inexperienced Chicago Machine Politician is poised to inherit our White House. Both Houses of Congress will likely offer unconditional support for him (or scramble to pull his puppet strings).

I've a few ideas, but I'm looking for a successful investing technique in the coming years. No, not China. No, not Russia.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

For a investment range of more than 5 years I think the index funds are a best safe investment.

For an unsafe investment, GM is at a 54 year low and seems a terrific buy if they don't go under.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

For a investment range of more than 5 years I think the index funds are a best safe investment.

For an unsafe investment, GM is at a 54 year low and seems a terrific buy if they don't go under.

In another post I related how a Stansberry Research Consultant predicted GM would not see 2009 before it saw bankruptcy. That one doesn't look too good to me.

Today's current downward trend doesn't make index funds attractive either.

--W

EDIT I'll be learning about short selling. Good thing I'm on vacation this week. Democrats will do that short selling thing to you.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• Don't make any investment decisions this week, or any week when everybody is in a whirl about something.
  • Balance your portfolio.
  • Keep your Northstar Cadillac. The cash expenditure in changing cars will pay for many years of gasoline at any foreseeable price. And, think about your state of mind when you start your car every morning.
  • A little money invested in a real bargain once in awhile isn't so bad. Get some GM, Ford or Chrysler stock, but keep the total under 10% of your total. See the 2nd bullet.
  • Don't try to compete with the investment professionals -- you don't have the resources; day trading is just a way to pump money from your pocked into theirs. Mutual funds, indexed funds, and hedge funds with different focuses -- small cap, large cap, global, tech, etc. can make up a balanced portfolio with very good gain to risk ratio.
  • Remember that the stock market is a zero-sum game. The inputs/outputs are the sales of the securities, and broker commissions and fees are outputs, and the sum of them all is zero. Don't trade around. See bullet 5.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

In another post I related how a Stansberry Research Consultant predicted GM would not see 2009 before it saw bankruptcy. That one doesn't look too good to me.

--W

EDIT I'll be learning about short selling. Good thing I'm on vacation this week. Democrats will do that short selling thing to you.

Warren , I am a fairly serious stock market player, and I too ... have Stansberry and Dr. Steve Sugarude's (sp.)

services, but only because, I am trading with my 89 year old father and old/new family money ...

I rarely read, their stuff and I told my pop, even before he wanted their services that, If these kind of

guys, knew what they were talking about, they would be filthy rich, and out fishing off of, some fancy Island and

would not give a darn about having subscribers ... Jeez, Dr. Steve Surgarud's PHD. is in journalism ...

I will, tell you this about them ... When they recommend a stock always wait a week or more before you buy it ...

I suspect, that you have noticed, how when they recommend it, it goes up 5-7% before you can buy it ???

Warren, I really do know a great deal about the market, and I would enjoy talking about it with you ...

I am not, much of a typist, but if you would like to, then send me a private message and maybe we can exchange phone numbers and Email addresses ...

and, I kid you not Warren, I am seriously into the market, and that just don't mean mentally ...

Lane

I will, tell you this about them ... When they recommend a stock always wait a week or more before you buy it ...

I suspect, that you have noticed, how when they recommend it goes up 5-7% before you can buy it ???

Lane

Yeah, that's a Cramer thing also. I am nothing if not patient. And I am NOT a day trader.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Cat,

Funny story. Well, almost heartbreaking . . .

A few years back I bought Blackberry stock (RIMM) when that idiot in one of the Carolinas was suing them. Now, bear with me here, 'cause I'm kinda gonna make up the numbers a bit. I think I bought the stock at something around $16/share. Sold it a few months later at around $36/share. HOMERUN! Of course, it now trades at around $115/share. Oops!

What a lot of folk didn't know at the time was that the Blackberry folk had already sequestered the necessary funds to pay the lawsuit if the court decision went against them. It didn't. I thought it wouldn't.

These are the sort of deals one would like to know about in advance; legally, I mean.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

do you get the Dan Ferris(? sp.) stuff too ???

he seems, to be the pick, of their crop ...

among, the Stansberry Asses. , to me ...

I can, show you, where I eat them for breakfast ...

return wise ...

Lane

--W

Warren , I am a fairly serious stock market player, and I too ... have Stansberry and Dr. Steve Sugarude's (sp.)

services, but only because, I am trading with my 89 year old father and old/new family money ...

I rarely read, their stuff and I told my pop, even before he wanted their services that, If these kind of

guys, knew what they were talking about, they would be filthy rich, and out fishing off of, some fancy Island and

would not give a darn about having subscribers ... Jeez, Dr. Steve Surgarud's PHD. is in journalism ...

I suspect, that you have noticed, how when they recommend it, it goes up 5-7% before you can buy it ???

Warren, I really do know a great deal about the market, and I would enjoy talking about it with you ...

I am not, much of a typist, but if you would like to, then send me a private message and maybe we can exchange phone numbers and Email addresses ...

and, I kid you not Warren, I am seriously into the market, and that just don't mean mentally ...

Lane

It was interesting to speak by phone with Lane earlier this morning. It remains, however (and perhaps not surprisingly), that he's a nut-burger.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Warren what is a nut-burger ??? I don't deny that I am a nut ...

and the way I like to put it is ... Lane ain't sane ...

If I rubbed you the wrong way, then I am sorry ...

I really do know how to make crazy money in the stock market ...

I told you, that on paper, yesterday I was up more than 86k ...

and today I am down 40k on paper ...

I can email you a cut,copy and paste of my trading account and

you can easily see that I am trading on the scale that I told you that

I was ...

and, tell the truth here dawg ...

who asked, a total stranger, to call them at 4:30+ AM ...

a person that you only know from a car message board,

to give you stock market advise ...

tell the truth dawg ... man up ...

I was two sheets to the wind, but my impression of you,

was that you were blistered ...

and, I will repeat to you again ... forget the talking heads,

study it yourself and go from there ...

and is the pot trying to call the kettle black ???

Lane ain't sane ... but I did kind of retire, at say 25 years old ...

and I am now 51 years old ...

You are quite correct. I owe you a stern, forced apology. It was VERY wrong of me to reply to you in such a public fashion as I did.

Yep, there were a few under the belt. NOPE, that is NO EXCUSE.

Disagreement is no excuse for incivility. Apologies.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

you Sir, ... I respected before, and more so now ...

ain't no thing dawg , life is a *smurf*, as well as a lot of fun ...

and, if you are willing to listen to a self proclaimed nut ...

then, Lane ain't sane ...

P. S. ... aren't you on a vacation ???

then please, try to relax on your down time ...

although, I would not recommend, cruising at 90 miles an hour like

the Texas cannonball, when he relaxes, on his vacations ...

my best Sir ... Lane

Archived