CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A special Thanks

Well, just wanted to thank everyone here for saving my butt (and hundreds of dollars). I was on my way home on the 4th from seeing fireworks when I started hearing a loud clanking from the engine of my '01 STS. I eased the car home and antifreeze was all over the ground. WATERPUMP. Since the N* intimidates me a little....I researched a lot of posts on replacing the waterpump. It took me a few hours, but got it done with successful results. I would have never figured out to turn the removal tool clockwise to remove the pump since the stupid instructions were wrong!! Thank God for this site and everyone involved!!

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Yep, this is a great site! We all owe Bruce a lot for that.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

:bluesbrothers: Congrats on diagnosing and solving the problem quickly and correctly! I am always happy to hear that our shared knowledge helps Cadillac Owners.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I KNOW we just recently had a go-round on this very very issue. But since I am pretty much the senior poster here in sheer numbers, it is too tempting for me not to say, since you know the value of this site, becoming a supporting member, is a way of making us stronger as a group and in a way, saying thanks to Bruce. This is NOT to single you out at all, nor is it asking you outright, I am asking you to consider the idea. We all benefit from each other regardless of whether we are supporting members or not. The next person that comes along with a water pump problem, you now have direct experience and you would add insight into the job, compared to members who have NOT done this job, so, it all balances out.. You being experienced in this job, takes pressure off of us oldies, from having to repeat ourselves for the umteenth time... the oldies can focus on weird SHI* if you know what I mean

I have said many times, I could not own my car without this resource and fellowship of friends. I have tried to quit this many times, and while, I am sick of saying the same garbage over and over, and its maddening to deal with new members learning our culture, its the fellowship of friends that I would greatly miss.

Thanks Bruce

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

BBF your post inspired me to support the site last night. I signed up in December when I had a shift solenoid problem, and by searching on this forum I was able to figure out what was wrong and describe how to fix it. One shop wanted to do a complete rebuild of my transmission for 1200 and I had the car towed from there to a Kennedy Transmission shop where my ex-gf knew someone, and they got it done for slightly over 200 bucks.

The money saved on that one job alone makes supporting the site worth it, not to mention the depth of knowledge here that I search through and learn from. Add in the fact that I sometimes ask stupid beginner questions that everyone has to put up with, and $20 a year seems like a bargain :lol:

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Great!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

BBF your post inspired me to support the site last night. I signed up in December when I had a shift solenoid problem, and by searching on this forum I was able to figure out what was wrong and describe how to fix it. One shop wanted to do a complete rebuild of my transmission for 1200 and I had the car towed from there to a Kennedy Transmission shop where my ex-gf knew someone, and they got it done for slightly over 200 bucks.

The money saved on that one job alone makes supporting the site worth it, not to mention the depth of knowledge here that I search through and learn from. Add in the fact that I sometimes ask stupid beginner questions that everyone has to put up with, and $20 a year seems like a bargain :lol:

Hey that's great thanks. Don't put yourself down, I knew nothing about the NS about 6 years ago, its very different than any other engine, that preceded it. The stupid question is the one that was never asked. Thanks a lot

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived