CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service manual

I dont know about that specific manual... it claims to have anything you would need/want and it appears to be GM certified.

I prefer a paper manual so I dont have to print too many pages.

Jonah

I dont know about that specific manual... it claims to have anything you would need/want and it appears to be GM certified.

I prefer a paper manual so I dont have to print too many pages.

im not to fond of the cd thing either... so what about this set... GM SET

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?c...3BQCSAD1MGCCU53

The real factory authorized service manual is at the link above.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Ide go with the FSM... I think I paid about $60 shipped off ebay for mine... cant beat it.

130 for all three (and maybe shipping) seems like a pretty good deal for brand new books.

Jonah

thanks.. and is that all three volumes?

The Helm version is the GM authorized factory manual, it's the real deal and yes it should cover all three volumes under one book. Personally, I prefer the Helm version to any after-market publications but that's just my own preference.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Ide go with the FSM... I think I paid about $60 shipped off ebay for mine... cant beat it.

130 for all three (and maybe shipping) seems like a pretty good deal for brand new books.

i spoke with heml and they said it is all three volumes, so $130 isnt bad like you said STS..

If you are a GM employee. You can use this site for free. Same thing the dealers use:

http://service.gm.com/index_en-US.html

Simply use your GMID.

Non employees can use the site thru ACDelco for about $20 per day rental. 1998 and newer. 1992 only service bulletins.

The eBay fakes...mostly bad copies..most dont work or have errors. Current ESI/ Techline is about 8g of data.

Hard to fit 8g on a eBay 4g DVD.

To buy GM ESI is about $400. But it is everything GM, Hummer, Saturn 1998 and newer. Everything..all systems are there plus TSB's.

I have the 1998-2005 eSi DVD it works and it has EVERYTHING that the Helm books have PLUS all of the TBS and recalls on the cars... a GREAT TOOL...

I paid $15 including shipping.

Looks like this guy has sold a few.. if they were full of errors he wouldn't have a 100% positive rating.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I have the 1998-2005 eSi DVD it works and it has EVERYTHING that the Helm books have PLUS all of the TBS and recalls on the cars... a GREAT TOOL...

I paid $15 including shipping.

Looks like this guy has sold a few.. if they were full of errors he wouldn't have a 100% positive rating.

lol can you copy yours and i buy off you? I think i am going to get the book and the cd. i know someone that has both(same book from helm) and he says they are both ok, only problem with the cd is you cant take it to the car.

I've got the book and it's great for using when you're working on the car. I think the CD might be really useful if it has a search function, I'm always trying to find something in those thick service manuals :lol:

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived