CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Monster Cable Has Competition

If you have friends who foolishly spend exorbitant $ums on Monster Cable products they will absolutely LOVE this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1039421

Honestly, words simply fail me . . . . :blink:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

And there are folks who will buy that cable and swear under oath they can hear or see the difference.

Incredible. Fools and their money are easily separated.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

And there are folks who will buy that cable and swear under oath they can hear or see the difference.

On some of the "skeptic" forums I visit it's said that folk who invest themselves in some or another form of "woo" find themselves in a position wherein they cannot deny the obvious, but must rather insist on the silliness of what they "believe."

It's a case of "Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes/ears?"

Alas, audio/video non-silliness wins the day.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I will say this. I am one of those audio nuts. If you have never heard of or experienced; imaging, sound stage and air; or you don't care about it, then yes, I believe that much of this is wasted on you.

However, when you are a fanatic, who has speakers that have been designed using a laser interferometer, who has a sound proof room to actually experience these phenomena without distractions to the point where exhaust fans, equipment hum, fluorescent light fixture hum and EMF are damaging to the dynamic range, you appreciate ultra high quality capacitors, purpose designed wire (whether necessary or not) to attempt to re-create the original LIVE recording.

I don't mean to sound snobby, but to some people noise coming out of a boom box, or sub standard speakers is sufficient, to others its not.

I once heard $25,000 worth of amps (one per channel), a $20,000 pre-amp with $25,000 speakers and their ability to image a sound, the sound stage, clarity and air (the sound that comes out of a sax that is like air, you are hearing the instrument) was so incredible, the hair literally rose on my arms, it was a spiritual experience in a sound proof room. I am a nut, I have B&W DM2000 speakers that have Kevlar cones, time aligned and phase aligned with a box that is not symmetrical to cancel internal reflections and they continually awe me, they were $2200 20 years ago. Driving them is a home built Hafler 220 watt amp that I have modified with monster CAPS and it puts out about 8 amps of current, you can imagine how that aids the amps ability to produce dynamic ranges. I also have a Hafler pre-amp, that I have replaced all of the caps with high performance caps. This 20 year old system that I have modified over the years continually shocks me with its ability to produce sounds in SPACE, imaged perfectly outside, behind and between the speakers. I lost interest because you could not appreciate the dynamic range and quiet passages as the ambient background noise was too loud and I realized I would need a sound proof room

Cables like you guys are dumping on, EXCITE ME, logical or NOT. :lol::lol::lol:

Spend some time and browse this site. Order their DVD, its pretty amazing. B&W are the best

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I will say this. I am one of those audio nuts . . . I don't mean to sound snobby,

Mike,

I *DO* mean to seem snobby. Yeah, I'm a nut too.

You probably remember I'm in that business also. We do Dolby "E" and "AC-3 (God help us!)" in our facility; Post Production also. It sure as all hell gets complicated when we take feeds from all over the world. And send them out. OIY! We have some systems that would bring tears to your eyes.

I don't have a $70,000 system at home. Do you?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

alright guys, i did not bring up this subject, but since it has been brought up here ...

the first link, is one of my oldest friends and he is as big of an audiophile, as i have ever seen and he is the Ed S. that you may have seen me post about, as being a crazy good mech., ...

and we have done crazy good things working together, helping each other and/or our friends on

cars

the second link, is a link to speaker wire from off of his forum ...

you may want to read, the review section, from some of the biggest reviewers that there are, on his speakers as to see that he may know what he is doing ...

if, he is not a genius, then he is dang close ...

when he says this works and keep in mind, that he is the one, that used to preach to me about you had to have gold braided wires and says, well i tested this and it works then it makes you think ... when he test things he uses his ears as well as meters ...

as for me, i can't carry a tune in a bucket and radio shack spks. work just fine ...

look for Ed Schilling's response on the second link as to speaker wires ...

http://www.thehornshoppe.com/

alright, it does not look like the second link will get you to where i am trying to directing

so instead, on the first link click on his forum, and look for the thread titled ...

"Question for Henry (Walmart Speaker Cables)"

and the speakers that i am listen to right now are some that Ed built me 30 years ago and the were good enough for me but not for him ...

tried to edit, here because my last post posted twice ...

sorry guys, i got no clue as to why it posted twice here ...

on his forum, as well as in the stock market, i go as the alias phitmein ...

check out the hornfest stuff too... people come from all over the USA to hang for

a weekend and talk audio, shoot gun and home made fireworks, eat good

and hang with like peeps ...

Lane/catmendo/phitmein ... as in, fit me in

sorry guys, go to page two, on the forum and look at about the 5th message ...

that has wal- mart in the title ...

Catmendo,

You seem like a nice enough guy, but you need to "focus" just a little more closely. And get a "grip" on it.

This is a sore point with me and I am not alone: folk who need to run at full speed without stopping to capitalize, punctuate or otherwise make their written communications plain make it difficult for folk like myself to understand.

SLOW DOWN! Take a breath! Write what you need us to know. We'll listen.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

sorry guys, go to page two, on the forum and look at about the 5th message ...

that has wal- mart in the title ...

this, may be, a really, stupid question here ???

but, on the periodic chart, which metal is a soft metal, that is very,very close to gold ???

and on that scale, wouldn't that be copper ???

as in, it is a very good conducter, due to less resistance ???

and, as i have said, i am not a stereophile/audiophile and, as i have said, Ed is a nut and when two nuts

get together, then we are talking about balls ... just for $hit and giggles i will ask him , if we are talking about conduction here ... and, if wishes were wings, then pigs would fly ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and Ed, if you could use, pvc pipe, with water as you wires ... then what would

be the results ???

i will now, email this to him and i truly hope, he tells me, that i am a dumba$$ and that i am thinking to hard ...

Lane

this, may be, a really, stupid question here ???

Yep, could be . . .

Stupid is as stupid does.

Have a chocolate!

Posted Image

Catmendo,

You seem like a nice enough guy, but you need to "focus" just a little more closely. And get a "grip" on it.

This is a sore point with me and I am not alone: folk who need to run at full speed without stopping to capitalize, punctuate or otherwise make their written communications plain make it difficult for folk like myself to understand.

Regards,

Warren

et al ... a closed mind, severs no purposes ...

and, if you think, that i think, that you are smarter than Ed, then you sir, are dreaming ...

please, post me a link to your stereo reviews ...

Catmendo,

Regards,

Warren

et al ... a closed mind, severs no purposes ...

and, if you think, that i think, that you are smarter than Ed, then you sir, are dreaming ...

please, post me a link to your stereo reviews ...

Oh Crap!

"The Fred" is back!

Posted Image

I will say this. I am one of those audio nuts . . . I don't mean to sound snobby,

Mike,

I *DO* mean to seem snobby. Yeah, I'm a nut too.

You probably remember I'm in that business also. We do Dolby "E" and "AC-3 (God help us!)" in our facility; Post Production also. It sure as all hell gets complicated when we take feeds from all over the world. And send them out. OIY! We have some systems that would bring tears to your eyes.

I don't have a $70,000 system at home. Do you?

Regards,

Warren

I don't have a $70K system in my home, I think when you hit a certain point, it becomes frustrating because ambient noises disturb the experience. I am happy with my system, its old but it does an amazing job considering. These days I really don't do any critical listening, I try to listen to live music as much as possible.

To me there is a big difference between sound coming out of speakers and speakers that reproduce sound stage, imaging and air. Order the B&W DVD if you have not already done so, you will appreciate the craftmanship and quality.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived