CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ford nut finally got a STS

joeb

my neighbor is totally ford products. navigators, explorers, continentals, t-bird, you name it. he has a friend who had a 2k STS and the headgaskets went so he bought it for 2k and is having the motor fixed and is letting his son drive it now. he is getting it this week. i am already yanking his chain a little. his friend got a merc S55 to replace the STS. it was parked at the house this weekend for the sons graduation party. those AMG brakes are so cool.

my neighbor is totally ford products. navigators, explorers, continentals, t-bird, you name it. he has a friend who had a 2k STS and the headgaskets went so he bought it for 2k and is having the motor fixed and is letting his son drive it now. he is getting it this week. i am already yanking his chain a little. his friend got a merc S55 to replace the STS. it was parked at the house this weekend for the sons graduation party. those AMG brakes are so cool.

Was it 2000 model year STS or an STS for $2,000?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Those AMG's are awesome...

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

it is a 2000. the folks also had a deville with the "fan blade" alloys. i thought those wheels were from 2000-2002 era devilles. i seem to recall they were 17". maybe the STS is newer. 02 or 03? i will check this week when they get it. the son says he thinks a STS will be a nice ride.

it is a 2000. the folks also had a deville with the "fan blade" alloys. i thought those wheels were from 2000-2002 era devilles. i seem to recall they were 17". maybe the STS is newer. 02 or 03? i will check this week when they get it. the son says he thinks a STS will be a nice ride.

That's sad... A modified Northstar (enforced headbolts) and failed headgaskets again.

In year 2000, Cadillac redesigned the head bolts on the Northstar which looked promising due to the many failed head gaskets in the previous design N*. So it strikes me as quite odd that this car is having head gasket problems with it's redesigned engine. I wonder if the coolant has ever been changed?

IPB Image

In year 2000, Cadillac redesigned the head bolts on the Northstar which looked promising due to the many failed head gaskets in the previous design N*. So it strikes me as quite odd that this car is having head gasket problems with it's redesigned engine. I wonder if the coolant has ever been changed?

It really amazes me that a lot of people believe (or at least know about) in 3000 miles/ three months motor oil change, but do not even know that coolant should be changed! As a matter of fact most of owners NEVER changed or asked a dealership to change coolant unless something happens to the cooling system.

Besides, dealerships will "suggest" all kind of actually unnecessary repairs or maintenance (say, transmission flush) , but would never suggest a coolant change!

Archived