CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 Deville's first code! At least since I have owned it.

PAUL T

I got this code today:

DTC B0533 Fuel Sensor Feedback Shorted High

It must be intermittent because it was a history code. I have not found a 97 Manual yet so could someone translate for me?

It's the fuel level gauge. If it's History, you should check the wiring anyway. Either there is an intermittent ground or a connector with the fuel gauge on it is loose or dirty.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My wife just informed me that she had run the gas level down to less than 4 gallons, then went down a hill and had to stop at the bottom and the guage went to "EE" and started dinging and flashing until she leveled the car out. So I figure that is what set the code off. I will keep an eye on it. Luck would have it that she was not too far away from a gas station.

My wife just informed me that she had run the gas level down to less than 4 gallons, then went down a hill and had to stop at the bottom and the guage went to "EE" and started dinging and flashing until she leveled the car out. So I figure that is what set the code off. I will keep an eye on it. Luck would have it that she was not too far away from a gas station.

That shouldn't set a code - I routinely run my tank down lower than that and never had a problem.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived