CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

c1763 99 sts

steve6

im getting service suspension system, code RSS c1763. I dont really care about fixing it, but id like to get rid of that msg, I checked everything and it all seems ok, so i really dont know whats wrong (maybe that servo itself is gone?!)

Is there any way to just get rid of that msg coming up everytime the car is started.,

Thanks

.... code RSS c1763. I dont really care about fixing it, but id like to get rid of that msg, I checked everything and it all seems ok, ....

Something is not OK. And the likely suspect is the right rear suspension position sensor; they do fail. Or the wiring can be damaged by junk falling off that dump truck in front of you.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

.... code RSS c1763. I dont really care about fixing it, but id like to get rid of that msg, I checked everything and it all seems ok, ....

Something is not OK. And the likely suspect is the right rear suspension position sensor; they do fail. Or the wiring can be damaged by junk falling off that dump truck in front of you.

I really don't have any money to buy parts right now, I'd just rather ignore it for now, and I hate having to clear that message everytime I start the car.

The wiring all seems intact, I followed it back where it goes into the harness, so its probably the sensor.

<_<

The CVRSS position sensor provides an analog voltage (0-5 volts) to the CVRSS module which represents the position between the body and the wheel. The CVRSS module provides the sensor with a 5.0 volt supply. The sensor is also grounded through the CVRSS module.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The DTC is set when the CVRSS module measures the position sensor signal voltage below 0.35 volts or above 4.75 volts for more than 1.0 second.

The DTC turns HISTORY when the CVRSS module senses voltage in the normal range (0.35-4.75 volts) for more than 1.0 second.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The CVRSS will enter the Speed Dependent damping mode.

Both ICCS2 Datalink Outputs will be set to the default output states.

The SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message will be displayed.

Rear leveling will ignore the faulted position sensor input.

The ALC will be disabled if both rear position sensors are faulted.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

Use the scan tool.

Use the On-Board diagnostic CLEAR RSS CODES feature.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

C1763 Right Rear Position Sensor Input Fault

I would try clearing the code and see if it comes back. If it does I would make sure that the links on the sensor were OK and that it was indeed measuring the ride height. Have you pulled off the connector and cleaned it, and made sure that the connections were tight? The FSM warns about connections inside the plastic connectors being pushed down when the connector was pushed on and the contacts collided instead of slid together, eventually resulting in poor contact, or no contact, sometimes years later.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Make sure the physical rod is connected to the control arm

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I have cleared the code many times, always comes back instantly. The leveling rod is connected. I tried to see if the connector at the sensor could be removed, but it does not look like it can, it looked as if it was molded to the sensor. I will put a bit more effort into it to see if the connection is bad.

Thanks

Archived