CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mark as read?

A nice feature of the old list was that each post notice in the index list changed colour after it was read. That made it easy, after logging in, to pick up where you left off. Is there any such feature in the new board?

Yes, a topic will have a f_norm.gif next to it if it is unread or replies within it are unread, and a f_norm_no.gif if the topic is read already.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It won't change status until the refresh button (F5) is pressed though. The old board changed status immediately.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If after you read a post you hit back the summary page may still be cached.

If after you read a post you click on the title of the area you are in at the top of the page ("Admin & Site Suggestions" in this case) you will go 'forward' to a new index that shows the post you just left as "read" is how I think you can have up to the moment updates as you read through.

Bruce

Yes, a topic will have a f_norm.gif next to it if it is unread or replies within it are unread, and a f_norm_no.gif if the topic is read already.

It would be nice if you could change the color of the read posts indicator to something not so close in color to the unread post indicator. On my computer, both colors are very similar.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

I added a bit of yellow to the top of the unread/new marker; does that help? Or I could change the read ones to grey instead of light blue?

Bruce

Archived