CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

98 deville sits super low

Hello once again. Since you guys no your *smurf* pretty well i have another question for your vast minds. My car sits really low to the ground, she almost scrapes on every ditch and bump. No service ride control codes or messages, what could it be? Thanks matt.

Hello once again. Since you guys no your *smurf* pretty well i have another question for your vast minds. My car sits really low to the ground, she almost scrapes on every ditch and bump. No service ride control codes or messages, what could it be? Thanks matt.

Four flat tires? ;):lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Four flat tires? ;):lol:

thats a good one

Mine did the same (96 Deville) I replaced my springs when I replaced my struts and it sits nice now, no more bottoming out...

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I would check the operation of the electronic level control. There is probably a chafed air line to one or both rear shocks or the height sensor is bad or has come loose from the chassis.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I would check the operation of the electronic level control. There is probably a chafed air line to one or both rear shocks or the height sensor is bad or has come loose from the chassis.

where is the electronic level control located, also were about is the height sensor

Height sensor = Item #1, below left hand rear of vehicle.

post-416-1183194716_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Compressor = Item #2, below right hand rear of vehicle.

post-416-1183195471_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Trace the lines from the rear air shocks to the compressor - pay close attention to where the lines cross the chassis/control arms.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I have the same problem and I was told my rear shock has a leak, that I need to replace it, my 97 deville has a system 3 suspension system in it that has electronic shocks, where the shock itself controls the flow of info to the compressor. And I too never had any codes showing that I had a problem. My problem is that these shocks run $800. installed! So I am trying to buy used over the internet but all the freaking companies that I'm dealing with keep sending me regular air shocks for that year not the electonic ones!! Hope yours is just regular ride air system....

Archived