CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lost features from feature programming list

Fortyfied

I recently bought a 99 Seville STS that has no Key#1 or Key#2 driver announcement. One of the missing features is the right-side rearview mirror tilt-in-reverse option is installed but doesn't show up in the feature list. I also noticed other things missing such as there's no seat position memory so I asked the Cadillac dealer to look into it and to program in the announcement at the time I took the car in for other service work. The service guy said they made the announcement changes but they wouldn't stay in memory. He said he doesn't know why the seat memory and other programmable features are gone, that they had never seen anything like that before. He said they don't know how to fix it. He mentioned the possibility of re-flashing the computer and that they would have to do some research but he hasn't called back even after several phone messages I've left for him.

I recently bought a 99 Seville STS that has no Key#1 or Key#2 driver announcement. One of the missing features is the right-side rearview mirror tilt-in-reverse option is installed but doesn't show up in the feature list. I also noticed other things missing such as there's no seat position memory so I asked the Cadillac dealer to look into it and to program in the announcement at the time I took the car in for other service work. The service guy said they made the announcement changes but they wouldn't stay in memory. He said he doesn't know why the seat memory and other programmable features are gone, that they had never seen anything like that before. He said they don't know how to fix it. He mentioned the possibility of re-flashing the computer and that they would have to do some research but he hasn't called back even after several phone messages I've left for him.

Be very careful with the feature programming, you can cause lots of problems, see what messing with the feature programming resulted in for this member from France

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...france&st=0

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

One thing that can cause the problem is the installed options not set in the IPM. I would let the dealer handle that unless you are very comfortable working with the OBD II interface through the HVAC controls and the driver display. Since your service manager mentioned re-flashing the memory, he is thinking that there is a problem with a bad bit in the stored program, so I would let him do that before I did anything else.

If he won't return your calls, stop in when you're in the neighborhood and walk up to him and chat. If that doesn't go anywhere, ask him for suggestions, or go to another dealer.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I don't believe you would be able to restore any factory installed options or settings without a Tech2, the only thing available from the IPM/IPC is the availability to check OBD codes and Module prom ID, there is no way I know of to program anything into the IPM.

A GM Tech 2 should clear things up....

I turned off my passenger reverse mirror...it would never home back in the correct location...$$$ to fix....naw..I'll pass

I turned off the drivers seat exit mode...hated that feature......

Nothing here that a PCM reprogram would fix.

Archived