CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Designers should wash new Caddies

Rick94

For the second time, my wash mitt jumped out and snagged the sharp tip of the Cadillac emblem on the grill and snapped it off. We are trying the super glue and tape repair method for the second time tonight... hopefully in the morning, all will be good with the world again.

As I was finishing my wash job the other day, it occurred to me that GM should have the body designers (not the ones that do the general shape, the ones who do all the little details) wash a prototype body about ten times. Then, they'd learn all the little things that snag fuzz from the wash mitt, are hard to clean, etc. I had this similar thought years ago, right after slicing my hand on a sharp piece of trim (I believe it was on a Pontiac).

Actually, I believe I said a few choice words first, but I didn't have a place to voice my opinions... long live the Caddy board--in whatever form!

(I also wanted to see if I could really post on the new forum...) Thanks!

Yes, it is easy to catch the grill emblems. On the other hand, it does seem to me that all the new wheel designs are easier to clean than the 92's were though.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

For the second time, my wash mitt jumped out and snagged the sharp tip of the Cadillac emblem ...

Dang those pesky mitts anyway...You'd think there'd be a behavoiral technique we could train them with..or at least a punishment they'd understand...

:angry:

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Bob D,

Is that your real picture on your avatar? THat is hilarious. :lol:

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

For the second time, my wash mitt jumped out and snagged the sharp tip of the Cadillac emblem ...

Dang those pesky mitts anyway...You'd think there'd be a behavoiral technique we could train them with..or at least a punishment they'd understand...

:angry:

Bob,

You need a picture of Christopher Lloyd for your avator...LOL!

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

[bob,

You need a picture of Christopher Lloyd for your avator...LOL!

Uh.....Okeydoke....but..I might have to do some some splainin' to Heinrich there, and I don't know if I want to go there. (He can be a little touchy..) :-/

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived