CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

&%$#@ Struts!!!!!!!!

I was in my ETC coming up Mulholland Drive from the Cahuenga Pass - some of the best local fast driving roadway in the Santa Monica Mountains. I learned to drive on this road, know it well, know how to go fast on it.

As I started up the road, a red Ferrari 360 came up behind me - fast - and I decided to go into fast mode and see if I could keep him behind me - alas, after a couple of sharp curves, it became apparent that my struts/shocks are dead meat - and I had to let him pass.

Ahhhh, for a spare coupla grand for new ones . . .

what kind of tires do you have? once i get the caddy fixed, its time for new tires. since its a summer only car now i want to get some sticky tires.

You expected to keep up with a Ferrari 360? Very funny.

Ferrari 360 Modena: 400 HP, 3064 lbs curb weight, 0-60 4.5 sec.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

I don't understand why people think ferraris are so great. For $300,000 or whatever you only get 4.5 second in 0-60. You can go buy a corvette that looks way better for a fraction of the cost and go 0-60 in 3.7 seconds.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

For $65k or so, you can get a rip-roaring Corvette. For $75k, you can get the LS7 package. I wonder how the Ferrari 360 Modena and the Z06 compare on the track (not just straight line acceleration).

More information on the incredible LS7:

http://www.vette-vues.com/graphics/ZO6Engine2.pdf

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/LS7.shtml

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/corvette_z06.asp

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

IPB Image

You expected to keep up with a Ferrari 360? Very funny.

Ferrari 360 Modena: 400 HP, 3064 lbs curb weight, 0-60 4.5 sec.

Yes - these are very curvy roads - straightaway is usually 50 yards at most - this is not dragracing territory.

For $65k or so, you can get a rip-roaring Corvette. For $75k, you can get the LS7 package. I wonder how the Ferrari 360 Modena and the Z06 compare on the track (not just straight line acceleration).

And your 'Vette can be serviced nationwide without taking out a second mortgage on one of your Hamptons bungalows.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

theres something about driving a free reving v12 made in Italy that is appetizing to any car guy, the sound, the smell....with that said I'd have to take the Vette or a gt40... simply because I like American V8's. It's not always about speed, but about class. The materials in the vette are chevy, not even Cadillac in touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at44Jeu5rkc

A 98 etc would be tough to even out handle a Ferrari, its a great car but its not a exotic rwd super car.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

i was talking to a guy i work out with at the health club. he has a porsche 928 with a supercharged chevy smallblock and a 2002 viper. he is selling the viper and buying a ferrari 475 maranello? or something like that. he said it is a 2002 or 2003. he is getting it for about 140k. he has the money and likes to have nice toys.

I love that GT40 video. It was hilarious. So much for American cars being crap. This UK guy loved it.

IPB Image

for the same reason you are wearing those "designer clothes" ?

they make a statement!

I don't understand why people think ferraris are so great. For $300,000 or whatever you only get 4.5 second in 0-60. You can go buy a corvette that looks way better for a fraction of the cost and go 0-60 in 3.7 seconds.

In my book Corvettes are great value for the money. I use mine daily and enjoy the ride, trunk and lifestyle.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

theres something about driving a free reving v12 made in Italy that is appetizing to any car guy, the sound, the smell....

and the TASTE! OMG, the TASTE! "to try or determine the flavor of by taking a bit in the mouth." Oh YEAH!

I had a pizza like that once. ;)

Of course, it wasn't a V-12.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived