CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2006 DTS notes

Owners of some 2006 Cadillac DTS models may comment on a coolant leak at the radiator inlet (upper) hose where the hose attaches to the radiator. This may be caused by a nylon tracer thread inside the hose that cuts through the inner layer of the hose during the hose manufacturing process.

Replace the radiator inlet hose with p/n 21999689. Refer to the Radiator Inlet Hose Replacement procedure in the Engine Cooling section of SI for more information.

Some 2006 Cadillac DTS owners may comment that in the heater mode, the airflow to the driver footwell area is low, or warm air cannot be felt at all. They may also mention that the blower needs to be on high and the temperature set high to maintain comfort.

This condition may be caused by the floor duct (which is part of the I/P closeout/insulator panel) being mis-aligned with the left heater duct. To correct, replace the left I/P closeout/insulator panel (p/n 10368444).

For further information, refer to Bulletin 06-01-37-005.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Some 2006 Cadillac DTS owners may comment that in the heater mode, the airflow to the driver footwell area is low, or warm air cannot be felt at all. They may also mention that the blower needs to be on high and the temperature set high to maintain comfort.

I have noticed this on my '03 when in the bi-level mode (floor mode is fine). I took it to the dealer and they said that is was performing as designed. I still don't believe them though. The air flow is very low at the floor level when in bi-level. I would think that if there was a TSB out on it, they would have known it, but it would not be the first time I had to self diagnose a problem for them. Guess I'll have to look into it a little closer when the weather warms up a little.

Jim, I thought your car was very striking in the photos with Bruce from a month ago. But I saw a White Diamond '06 DTS at the dealer here yesterday and wanted to tell you what a beautiful car that is. The formulation of the paint has changed since '01. The new color has a tinge of blue and pink in it. It's a very "sharp" color, especially in the sun. The older formulation was more of a "soft" pearly color. I like both, but the new formulation is particularly striking on the new DTS.

Enjoy that beauty.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Jim, I thought your car was very striking in the photos with Bruce from a month ago. But I saw a White Diamond '06 DTS at the dealer here yesterday and wanted to tell you what a beautiful car that is. The formulation of the paint has changed since '01. The new color has a tinge of blue and pink in it. It's a very "sharp" color, especially in the sun. The older formulation was more of a "soft" pearly color. I like both, but the new formulation is particularly striking on the new DTS.

Enjoy that beauty.

Thank you very much. Glad you like it. We like it also. It is now called "White Lightning."

Always nice to get favorable comments on it. :)

Posted Image

The color is now called White Lightning? I can see that -- it has the tinges of blue and pink that an electrical arc has.

Maybe that's a Cadillac-specific color now? I know the new GMC Acadia can be had in "White Diamond Tricoat", and it is an extra cost option. Maybe its White Diamond is Cadillac's old White Diamond?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived