CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1975 Eldorado...Should I?

Dang it. I knew it stood for that. How about these?

Clicky and Clicky #2

They said that the 75 manual refers back to the 74 manual. I figured I'd probably buy both then.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the right ones. In reading the description in #2, that is a supplement to #1, so you would need them both. Never seen them do that before. I guess the changes from '74 to '75 were so minor that they just published a (differences) supplement.

Looks like the right ones. In reading the description in #2, that is a supplement to #1, so you would need them both. Never seen them do that before. I guess the changes from '74 to '75 were so minor that they just published a (differences) supplement.

Well, I bought the 75 one. I'm considering the 74 one. I suppose I'll have to buy it, but it's a little spendy.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Well, there is a "Make Offer" button. My guess is that there is not a lot of demand for a '74 manual and he knows it, and he'd be happy to get an offer.

Well, there is a "Make Offer" button. My guess is that there is not a lot of demand for a '74 manual and he knows it, and he'd be happy to get an offer.

very good point :D

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

OK, I've been trying to figure out the climate control on this thing and it's got me stumped. When you switch the lever back and forth you can here something going on with vacuum. It's still stuck on hot. I have some pictures that I don't know what it is. Here it goes:

When I let the car sit, that little bar goes to a/c, but when I start it, it goes to heat and makes strange clicking noises. Also, I read on the black thing near the vacuum hoses that there is a source hose. I labeled it there. I have another picture further down that is from underneath the hood.

IPB Image

I found this connector underneath the hood near the blower motor unhooked with the wires crossed. I have no idea where it's supposed to plug in to.

IPB Image

Here is a picture so you can see where the wires come from:

IPB Image

Here is that source hose from inside the cab. It's hooked up to this thing, I have no idea where it's supposed to go and what it is. I'm guessing if I can hook it back up I can be that much closer to fixing it.

IPB Image

There is also this thing on the passenger side fender well that has hoses just dangling from hit towards the ground. What is it?

IPB Image

There is a vacuum hose coming off of the distributor here:

IPB Image

And going to this thing, but it looks like there is supposed to be a hose connected to it, but there is nothing there.

IPB Image

can anyone make anything out of this mess?

Also, my wiper still don't work and the fuse is good. Bad motor or switch maybe?

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Picture #2 looks like it might be the connector to the A/C compressor.

#4 I believe is the coolant control valve to the heater core. There should be heater hoses on each of those open nipples or fittings.

#5 might be the antenna motor.

#7 might be a chack valve. Not sure where it is supposed to be connected to. Make sure that the open end is not creating a vacuum leak.

Keep in mind that what I am saying is going off of 30 yr. old memory so take it with a grain of salt. The FSM will be well worth the price.

The thing with the yellow cap on it is a vacuum compressor for your rear suspension.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived