CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Strange STS For Sale

ted tcb

Here's a cheap black STS for sale.

Strange, unique set up.

Fire damaged interior completely swapped for 2002 loaded interior and

02 drivetrain.

No takers, but he's put 22000 klm on it since the swap.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Cadillac-Seville-STS-20...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-1542-1174352141.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

If I didn't have mine, I'd buy it. Ontario is a little bit of a drive for me though.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

That makes sense that if you put the entire powertrain and dash in you can upgrade one with the other, so long as the PCM and the dash and the powertrain all came from the same car I would think. Certainly made a unique car.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Looks like a huge fraud to me.

Red Flags!

1) Out of state

2) Out of Country

3) Says the chassis is a 2000... sure looks like an 02

4) Salvaged title

5) Too good to be true...

That's one car I would carfax up the wazoo and I would want a complete documented history from day one with letters from each DMV stating BOTH cars weren't stolen in any place where they were registered... This looks like one of those cars where 6 weeks after you register it you get a knock on the door from the police or some insurance investigator to let you know you are in possession of stolen property.

Proceed with extreme caution!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

The seller seems to have the same tag, weephee, as someone who is active here.

The current leading bidder has bid on 12 cars of all makes in two days.

There is not way the seller can assure the buyer that he can get the car titled in his home area because of the salvage title. Remember the Katrina DeVille?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yes, it is me selling the car. I wasn't going to comment on the negative suggestions but just to put a positive spin on things, the cars were not stolen, they were purchased at a legitimate auction and came with legitimate titles. The cars were both completely stripped by me and the 2000 Seville was made into a 2002 Seville as outlined in the ad. The car has a salvage title and can get re-titled in any state within the US. Some states require a structural test which was a requirement in Ontario and which it passed since the car was never in an accident. I enjoyed every minute in doing the change over and benefited in learning some things. I have received 4 emails accusing me of fraud which absolutely astounds me. Perhaps I'm a little naive about the way people think. I've delisted the car and will continue to drive and enjoy it. By the way the Flood Salvage Eldorado I had was sold to a man in Florida

With all the effort you've invested in the car, it would be a shame to let it

go cheap on ebay.

It looks to me like its increasingly difficult to find a real buyer on ebay ....

too many kids treat it like a joke with deadbeat bids.

Good luck with your ride ... I would've driven up to Ottawa to check it out had I been in the market.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

That is an incredible amount of work! Congratulations on completing a daunting project. People are often suspicious of non-standard items for sale in what is, basically, a commodity market. Don't take it personally...

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Yes, it is me selling the car. I wasn't going to comment on the negative suggestions but just to put a positive spin on things, the cars were not stolen, they were purchased at a legitimate auction and came with legitimate titles. The cars were both completely stripped by me and the 2000 Seville was made into a 2002 Seville as outlined in the ad. The car has a salvage title and can get re-titled in any state within the US. Some states require a structural test which was a requirement in Ontario and which it passed since the car was never in an accident. I enjoyed every minute in doing the change over and benefited in learning some things. I have received 4 emails accusing me of fraud which absolutely astounds me. Perhaps I'm a little naive about the way people think. I've delisted the car and will continue to drive and enjoy it. By the way the Flood Salvage Eldorado I had was sold to a man in Florida

I stand corrected. My apologies. It is an Amazing project and an amazing outcome! Well Done!

One way to demonstrate it is for real and to silence doubting Thomas's like me would be to post a picture of the door sticker which of course reads 2000 and some of the "hidden" Vins of the Car which also all match the 2000 VIN. As well, a picture or two of the surgery in progress would be conclusive proof.

It is a shame that, Ebay has become a complete mess of fraud and scams, especially when you look at high end cars.

In BC, BTW we had one fraud ring after another that would steal a nice car here, "hide" it and then buy a balled-up total loss similar car in Quebec or Ontario, usually with a salvaged title. Swap vins and sell the stolen car with the new VIN and "clean" salvage title.

As a result of this and some other problems, in BC it is no longer possible to register a vehicle that has been designated "salvage". Out here we have a new classification called "re-built".

EVERY car "totaled" in BC is reviewed by our DMV and is either classified as "rebuildable" or "salvage". Out here salvage mean for sale for parts ONLY. NEVER again to be registered.

This works for BC cars but for "salvaged" cars from out of state you are required to "prove" that every piece of the "salvaged/rebuilt" car is not stolen, complete with signed receipts and/or photos etc. Major PIA!

PS A second congradulation on being the ONLY person that I know who has successfully installed a NAV system in non Nav car of a differnet model year and get it 100% functional...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived