CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cert perowned question

Mark3601

My dealer is a GMC truck dealer and has been trying to get caddy to tell him what he needs to do to get my 05 DeVille DTS in the certafied program. He knows that the car meets or beets the req. for this but can not get anyone to tell him how to go about to get it done.

Is there a dealer out there that reads the post on this forum that would be willing to help me and him out on this ?

This is my very 1st caddy and it would be nice to get it cert. to take some of my worries away please let me know what I can do to get this done I just can't belive that the caddy dealers around my area here in Mass are that stuck up that they would not help out someone on this.

I me this is a way for the caddy dealer to gain a new custmer as when its time to purchase a second car for wife they would be remembered as the dealer that step up to the plate and help out some one in need .

Thanks all

Mark

P.S. sorry for my spelling and grammer.

I think you have to buy it from a Cadillac dealer to get it certified pre-owned. The rules and checklist are here: http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/cpo/advantage.jsp

I would think your GMC dealer needs to call a local friendly Cadillac dealer and work it that way.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I thought certified just meant the car still has some original warranty left on it, do they extend it out to the full warranty again?

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

A certified pre-owned Cadillac gets a 6 year / 100K mile extended warranty from the original date of service.

Bruce

Yeah, that is a pretty sweet deal. Both my daughters '02 SLS & my '03 DHS are certified. Hers til '08 & mine til '09. Whish I could have gotten my other daughters '04 Grand Am certified.

A certified pre-owned Cadillac gets a 6 year / 100K mile extended warranty from the original date of service.

Date of service means what exactly? When it was certified or when you buy it?

In any event no wonder they won an award and makes you wonder why resale values are as poor as they are. Good for us used buyers...bad for those trading in.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Original date of service is the date the car was first sold by a dealer to the first owner. So instead of a 4yr/50k mile warranty the certified pre-owned Cadillac has an extended 6yr/100k warranty.

Bruce

Original date of service is the date the car was first sold by a dealer to the first owner. So instead of a 4yr/50k mile warranty the certified pre-owned Cadillac has an extended 6yr/100k warranty.

Hi Bruce

I'm almost sure it goes by when the car was built the build date on the sticker on the car not by when it was first sold. I have owned a few certified cadillacs & that's how mine worked 6 yrs or 100k from the original build date

Jim

I have to disagree Jim. I am pretty sure it is the date that the car was "put into service", meaning the date the car was sold. No one would buy a car at the end of the model year clearance sale with one year gone on the warranty.

Hi Larry

Check your car & look when your certified warranty is up & if you add 6yrs or 100k miles I bet they are going to match I know the dealer looks at that tag on the car as to when it was built check the sticker on your car when is was built and look when the cert warranty ends they are probably the same.. The new car warranty starts when in service but when the car is certified it goes by the build date the warranties are not the same IMHO the cartified is a better warranty than the new car..

Jim

Hi Larry

Check your car & look when your certified warranty is up & if you add 6yrs or 100k miles I bet they are going to match I know the dealer looks at that tag on the car as to when it was built check the sticker on your car when is was built and look when the cert warranty ends they are probably the same.. The new car warranty starts when in service but when the car is certified it goes by the build date the warranties are not the same IMHO the cartified is a better warranty than the new car..

Jim

I think its more or less a way for them to get leases and other low mileage, trade-ins out the door, and if you buy it with just a year off its kinda like getting a brand new warranty. (cause that thing starts ticking off even with it just sitting on the lot really).

The Green's Machines

Ranger,

You are correct. I checked the record for my car and the CPO Warranty date is six years from the In Service date, not the build date.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

My dad just bought an 05 SRX (sweet SUV, station wagon,

.. uhh crossover). There's obviously some obfuscation

concerning the effective date of the extended warrantee.

Our salesman thought it was based on the build date, but

upon further inquiry it was confirmed to be the date of

service.

Sorry for the OFF TOPIC reply, but it sounds like you all have this issue figured out.

Anyway, my neighbor told me this morning that there is a gold 1999 SDV IN THE LOCAL DEALER SHOWROOM that looks like it never left the floor. If anyone is interested, the phone number is 740-373-9127. It's at Pioneer Chevrolet-Cadillac-Chrysler-Jeep dealership in Marietta OH.

Sorry, I didn't look at the car, but would be willing to evaluate it for anyone on this board.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I paid $1,000 extra for my 06 DTS to be certified and like it for the peace of mind plus it is tranfearable. I got it in June 06 with very few miles. Dealer claims at $1,000 they make like nothing, I'd rather he say nothing than say something like that. Mine also is good from day it was put in service for 6yrs/100K.

Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Program

Data provided by cars.com

Age in years / Mileage Limit 4/50,000

Certification Benefits 112-point inspection and reconditioning, 24-hour roadside assistance, trip-interruption services, 24-hour consumer relations center hot line and free OnStar service for six months

Limited Warranty 6-year/100,000-mile comprehensive, bumper-to-bumper warranty from original in-service date; (no deductible)

Return / Exchange Policy None

Contact Cadillac 800/333-4CAD

Archived